Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 degree launch angle - Also Projector and Light setups (ProTee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 degree launch angle - Also Projector and Light setups (ProTee)

Sorry, its been a little while since I was in geometry class... But if I hit a ball at 60 degrees, would it hit a 10 foot ceiling 5 feet from the tee? Trying to figure out ceiling netting.

Second question, when setting up your projector and lights. If I have a 10' ceiling, I also have a BenQ 1080st projector. According to ProjectorCentral I would have my projector between 10' - 12' for a 15x9 image. Ceiling mounted there is a ~3" drop to top of screen. My question is, how have you guys hung your sensor lights without it being in the way of the projector?

Thank you,

Based on quick layout, I would say no to your geometry question.

Comment

if I plug in for a (10 units) and A (60 degrees) and use b as the distance it will hit the ceiling... is that the correct formula? Meaning 60 degrees would hit at 5.66 units (feet)...

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you look at the picture I attached? Is that not correct? I can change the distance if you want and resend?

This is the extreme. Ball hits 10' ceiling at 60 degrees roughly 5'9" away.

Comment

Also, I checked your calculator and it does work if you input the numbers correctly. Scenario above gives edge a units of 5.77 which is roughly 5'9". Input was edge b = 10, angle b = 60.

Comment

The math is correct.. keep in mind it is difficult to hit a straight faced club with a launch that high.. lay open a wedge and yes it becomes possible. Just to be clear .. a 60* wedge played square does not launch @ 60* normally... I have hit my ceiling a few times.. lol.. I know some guys used almost balls for flops..

Comment

Its very hard to launch it 60 degrees - I hit the ball super high and I launch a full swing 60deg at about 45 - when I flop it I can get it to over 60 but my skytrak wont read it - think the highest I have gotten it to read is 61 deg which is also completely unnecessary.

Comment

Re the ProTee install and lights.

If the lights don't need to be exactly where your projector is, then you've dodged one bullet.

Mount the lights as high as possible, then they shouldn't be an issue. The light from them may affect the projected image but not to a great degree.

Pretty rare to get a 60 degree launch. Best I've managed is 55 degrees and it hits the ceiling about 4 feet in front of the impact screen.

Ceiling protection 5 to 6 feet out from your screen should be OK.
              Last edited by aja; 01-29-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X