ProTee Interface Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProTee Interface Feature Request

Would it be possible to allow multiple installs of the ProTee Interface? Since there can be multiple simulator software ( ProTee, TGC, E6 ) that run under the interface requiring different settings it gets to be a pain making the changes and remembering the different settings required. If we could have individual installs for each package we could make the required changes once and just launch the needed interface for the game we are going to play. So, you would have something like this installed:

C:\Program Files\ProTeeInterfaceTGC
    C:\Program Files\ProTeeInterfaceProTee
    C:\Program Files\ProTeeInterfaceE6
    etc, etc.

It would be nice to be able to do something like this for the GSX app as well although that is a pretty quick switch. Whatcha think?

This very well just might be the best request of them all!! I often switch between TGC & E6 and sometime I have to tinker to get the ball to read. This would make changing softwares so much easier. Great thinking mmlincon!!! If this is possible, this would be such a convenience!

Comment

I 2nd that!!

Comment

The motion has been seconded and open for discussion. ProTee? Is this doable?

Comment

This is a great idea. Sometimes ProTee misses some of these, I would suggest also writing support@protee-united dot com also. Great work and hope this gets implemented. I agree it shouldnt be too difficult on their end.

Comment

Which settings exactly do you want to change for each product?

Comment

Basically, it is turning on and off the TGC setting in the interface to go between ProTee or E6 and TGC.
              In GSX we have to turn TGC on/off to go between E6 and TGC.

The ultimate goal for me is to keep each separate and create a launcher script that would fire up the ProTee and GSX apps for the "Game" I'd be playing. The way it is now I have to remember what settings each one needs and hope I did them right. Sometimes I miss something and have to go back and fix it. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Kind of their own settings.png file or whatever you edit with alt e and interface settings such as pitching distance if I understand correctly .

Comment

Sorry interfac settings are also in that file so basically a means to load a specific version of that file on startup

Comment

For my situation, having both TGC & Protee, it would be having one interface showing TGC=True and use TGC turned to on . The other interface would be E6=True and TGC turned to Off. There might be a little more to it, but that is the basics. When I try to switch between, I often find myself having to reboot the computer to pick up the changes.

Comment

Sorry, by Protee, I meant E6 software.

Comment

there is possibly a workaround while protee is looking into this. in windows 10 if you start the protee interface as administrator it uses a different location for the settings file vs when you start it as a regular user so you can have two separate sets of settings depending on if you run the interface as administrator or not. as administrator my settings file is located in "C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\ProTeeGolf Interface". as a regular user, the file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProTeeGolf Interface".

Comment

Are you talking about using "run as"? That doesn't seem to be the case with mine. If I make a change it is there whether I launch as administrator or not. And windows 10 doesn't use Docs and Settings. Maybe you did an upgrade. Bummer, thought this might be a way to work around this for a while.

Comment

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Maybe that's the difference. Weird.

Comment

Yeah, that might be. I do recall having the different configs at one time though.

Comment

Working...
                              X