Skytrak Protective Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Protective Case

Now the Skytrak protective case has been out for a while on their website for $129, how many people actually bought it? Happy with it?

Someone else posted that it may actually affect the ball distance? Ball was going further with Skytrak outside of the case than in the case? Anyone else with similar experience?

Other issues? I'm thinking of getting one, and don't mind paying $129, but want to make sure that it doesn't make Skytrak less accurate.

Here is some dimensions of a shield I made to be used with the skytrak case. Works pretty well for me.

Comment

• awisnia
      awisnia commented
      Editing a comment
      that's awesome - there's an IR flash between the two camera lenses that you may want to uncover a bit more.

Originally posted by golfdad View Post
    Here is some dimensions of a shield I made to be used with the skytrak case. Works pretty well for me.
    Very nicely done! Those measurement should help a ton a people trying to do this as well

Comment

Thanks for the dimensions!

Comment

Could someone please send me the davray schematic? Please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Friling
          Could someone please send me the davray schematic? Please and thank you!
          See post 114 in this thread.

Comment

Here's a pic of ours, working fine with the Davray schematic. Picking up all shot types, played 2 full rounds with all shots registering.

Comment

• Ken Robie
              Ken Robie commented
              Editing a comment
              So what did you use to whittle that out with??

here's what's under the lens - note the flash in the middle - It's safe to cover it slightly - probably if you're in lower light conditions (not outside)

sClick image for larger version

Name:	st eyes.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	92321

Comment

I did mine like this - and it reads correctly - will be posting a dimension'd drawing soon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	case6s.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	92323

Comment

• dmsimm69
                dmsimm69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's really good! Look forward to seeing the drawing for it!!

Originally posted by Misike
              Here's a pic of ours, working fine with the Davray schematic. Picking up all shot types, played 2 full rounds with all shots registering.
              How close to the IR lens is your plexi? I think what broke on mine was the prism insides of the line laser..top left and right. It looks shattered inside. Concerned that there needs to be a gap to lose the shock if it gets hit in the "eyes"..then again, we're all guessing because we're not going to test live

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by awisnia
                How close to the IR lens is your plexi? I think what broke on mine was the prism insides of the line laser..top left and right. It looks shattered inside. Concerned that there needs to be a gap to lose the shock if it gets hit in the "eyes"..then again, we're all guessing because we're not going to test live

Yeah, currently it is too close, right up against, so I don't think it's buying much. I do in fact like your design much better. In your design, is it possible to remove the rubber legs and set it flat on the matt (or whatever surface it sets on)?

Comment

Yeah, currently it is too close, right up against, so I don't think it's buying much. I do in fact like your design much better. In your design, is it possible to remove the rubber legs and set it flat on the matt (or whatever surface it sets on)?
                  Yeah..that's how I'm using it..playing with a design to drop my appature pattern on a small steel plate right onto the front of the skytrack case..maybe with vhb tape. Just need to verify that it will read at that spacing. Also concerned that it will register properly with the skytrak because that case lets the unit slide left n right.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by awisnia

Awesome! Your case really does look pretty sweet! Are those holes big enough for a golf ball to go through? Doesn't look like it. It's a good feeling to know your investment (SkyTrak) is protected.

Comment

Awesome! Your case really does look pretty sweet! Are those holes big enough for a golf ball to go through? Doesn't look like it. It's a good feeling to know your investment (SkyTrak) is protected.
                        With the size of the holes in the air gap, there's no place that you can hold the ball and have it touch the skytrack. I'm going to post a detailed sketch for do-it-yourselfers tomorrow.

Comment

[ATTACH]n92471[/ATTACH] Here's the sketch - may be tough with a dremel. Maybe somebody can create a 3D printer version of a case?? Sharing this for personal use only in open source community spirit.

pdf attached

Click image for larger version

Name:	FMJ for personal use only.gif
Views:	663
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	92470

Comment

• awisnia
                            awisnia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Should have been clearer - the drawings and cad files are at my factory where I will not be for a few more days given the holiday. Regardless - not knowing what you are making your shield out of, my dimensions may be meaningless. The pdf should print 1:1 and the x/y centers of the ball spot laser should be centered with the obround at the top of the pattern. Or, it's pretty simple to pop out the IRT lens and see everything. I wasn't holding out on you (dude!) What are you thinking about making yours out of?? Have fun!

• awisnia
                            awisnia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            dmsimm69 How did this work out for you?

• awisnia
                            awisnia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            dmsimm69 ...you ever make a case with this?
                        Working...
                        X