Thinking of setting up AboutGolf golf center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of setting up AboutGolf golf center

In any of your experiences with simulators, does AboutGolf perform better than others? Thinking of setting up a golf center and wanted to make sure i'm getting the best-performing simulators first. It seemed pretty accurate when I tried it, but seeing some comments saying that the carry is too long for these systems. Thoughts?

I would say that is commercial grade. of course having the PGA approved logo will not hurt you at all. I am sure the cost is high, but looks like a great product for all ages. Good luck. Where are you thinking about setting up?

Comment

• ltaj
      ltaj commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Penrose. Agree on the PGA partnership, and they're with Golf Channel too. Thinking of area for now. Do you think there's potential in manila? For golfers to actually go to the center regularly? Thanks again.

I've played at a commercial place in the US that had the about golf sims and they seemed to work very well (not sure what version/how expensive they were). It was adjustable though. I told them I thought my distances were a bit long and they changed a few sliders and then it was back to normal.

Could just be the ol' boost the distances to get butts in the seat move that commercial places sometimes trend towards.

Not sure if they adjusted it from the actual about golf software or from the course software they had (not sure what one it was) but if you do go for this, I would just make sure the course software you get for it is distance adjustable, then you'll be good to go no matter what

Comment

Trying to get some market data if the Philippine market is ready for something like this. Any links or resources you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hey, I am in Canada but used to live in the Philippines. I asked some of my golfer friends and they said it is a good idea but they prefer real life golf. Knowing the Philippines where you can golf all year round, except when it is raining, a golf sim might not be viable? Not sure but this is just my opinion and my few friends. You need a more bigger sample size.

Comment

I am not sure you can make money alone with golf sims. I can see them in a golf resort for rainy days - in fact I think any resort worth a shit would have them for rainy days, but am guessing few do. Might be a nice think to have in a high end hotel...I predict games will be big in future as VR gets better and better.

we had an indoor golf place by my house and it went out of business. they wanted like 40 bucks an hour per person.

Comment

Seeing how expensive the about golf setups are, it'd be a while to break even, even with a rabid sim golf market, which seems unlikely given the climate.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
              I am not sure you can make money alone with golf sims. I can see them in a golf resort for rainy days - in fact I think any resort worth a shit would have them for rainy days, but am guessing few do. Might be a nice think to have in a high end hotel...I predict games will be big in future as VR gets better and better.

we had an indoor golf place by my house and it went out of business. they wanted like 40 bucks an hour per person.
              Per person too!? Yea would never do that. 40+ an hour with no limit on players seems to be the going rate ive seen around, still a ton of money each time with that too. All the more reason to have your own simulator. I used to go to these places all the time, so with that and range money, my golf sim has definitely paid for itself and then some by now.
              Last edited by Ironstrokes; 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I've owned and own several indoor golf centres. If you want info PM me.
                [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
                AUS: +61390057975
                USA : +14698449353
                Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

Comment

At these places they look like they buy the fully finished setup and with them having multiple bays, it seems like it would be a very long time to recoup that cost. I think you've got to offer something else to subsidize it as well. Plus being in a climate that allows play all year long, seems like it may be tough. Looks like you got a lot of investigating to do.

Comment

Hey mate, out of curiosity, did you take the plunge?

There's a few factors that seem to determine whether or not an indoor golf simulator center will be successful.

Weather - are you somewhere that it isn't possible to play golf all year around
                    Cost of Golf - are you somewhere where it is cheap to play on a public course verse somewhere where all of or near enough all golf is reserved for expensive private courses
                    Quality of Simulators - AboutGolf is more that high enough quality, but then all of these high end simulators should be. Using the real cheap setups just doesn't work, plus you'll be demoralized hearing all of the customers leaving saying how crap it is, how the distances are all wrong, etc etc
                    Additional Revenue - Are you able to easily sell food and drinks, specifically alcohol, where the majority of your revenue can be made

Downsides, very large initial outlay. The capital expenditure just for the simulators is ridiculous, and the resale wouldn't be great if it all falls through. Rent. Oh rent... An ongoing expense that you are basically locked into, greatly increases risk. Like someone else said, probably good to see how the simulator centers are going nearby, and by nearby, not next door, but maybe a nearby town or something like that.

All the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X