Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 Spring Tour - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at Yuma Desert Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

USB webcam for wide angle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB webcam for wide angle?

I have 2 OV2710 usb2.0 webcams (see attached) but I now know I need a slighter better lens parameter than I currently have to fit all the picture in.

The parameters for an OV2710 is 1/2.7 with a 3.6mm lens so I’ll probably need something like 1/1.8 or better with a 3.6mm lens too to increase the viewing angle

I run at 640x480 in 120 FPS and need similar. These run at about £50-60 each so excellent specs considering the money

does anyone have any ideas of any cameras on the market that fit the bill?

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AshBN123; 01-12-2018, 11:41 AM.

I used these on my install. The wide angle on the right I use for face on view. Distance from camera to ball is 4 feet. Only 30fps in HD. Available on Amazon.

Comment

It's not a fish eye is it?

Comment

No, I can fill the frame with ball to a little taller than my head. Wide angle - not fisheye.

Comment

Originally posted by Steves55347 View Post
          No, I can fill the frame with ball to a little taller than my head. Wide angle - not fisheye.
          Steves55347 I purchased the same two cameras as you. I too have about four feet from the ball to the position of the face on camera. (2.1 mm). Interestingly it seems I can capture more height in the fov if I turn the camera sideways. The problem is I can't figure out how to rotate the image I want to appear as not sideways in Kinovea. Any ideas? I'm totally new to Kinovea and after a decent search on the inter web no quick fix jumped out at me. Thanks.

Comment

Ncube - No, sorry. I don’t know anything about the ability to change settings on Kinovea. Maybe you could post that question on their forum. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X