PC deal right now/specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC deal right now/specs

I'm looking to play TGC 2019 with Skytrak and was wondering if these computer specs/pricing would work and be a good deal (or if it would be overkill?). My goal is to hook up the computer to a (at least) 1080p projector or monitor. As I'm not too computer savvy, please let me know your thoughts.Here are the specs for a $1,249 desktop I'm considering:

iBUYPOWER Pro Gaming PC Computer Desktop Trace 063i (Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM, 1TB HDD, 480GB SSD, WiFi Included, Win 10 Home, VR Ready), Black

It's a good price for what you're getting but it's really more than you need if all you're going to be playing is TGC2019 - and therefore still more than you need to spend if you want to save some money.

IMO - Intel i5-8xxx or AMD Ryzen 5 along with a GTX 1060 (about $900+), is going to give really good solid performance - not sure you'd notice any improvements going with more during actual game play. SSD is optional - can be nice and improve things like time to start up and load the software but not as much impact on actual play. Not even sure you need the full 16 GB of memory.

Now if you want to expand into other modern games that are much more CPU or even GPU intensive - then that might be different.
    Last edited by StuartG; 04-19-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X