Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

Black Friday Costco Gaming Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Costco Gaming Computer

Hello,

Costco released their Black Friday deals and they have the following for $749. Good Deal? Overkill? Not Good Enough? Looking to use with SkyTrak and TGC2019. Thanks for any assistance...

HP Omen 875 Gaming Desktop

Processor & Memory:
    • 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor at 2.9GHz
    • 16GB HyperX DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    Drives:
    • 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
    Operating System:
    • Microsoft® Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
    Graphics & Video:
    • 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Graphics
    • Monitor not included
    Communications:
    • 802.11ac (2x2) + Bluetooth 4.2
    Audio:
    • 5.1 Surround Sound
    Keyboard:
    • HP Wired Keyboard + Wired Optical Mouse
    Ports
    • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C
    • 6x USB 3.1 Gen 1
    • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2
    • 1x HDMI
    • 1x DVI-D
    • 1x Display Port
    • 1x Combination Headphone / Microphone Jack
    Additional Information:
    • Dimensions: 14.06" x 6.5" x 17.05"
    • 500W Power Supply
    https://www.costco.com/hp-omen-875-g...100513826.html

It's an okay deal but the best one I have seen yet is Lenovo T540 which is $699 on BF. They just had a pre sale at the same price. Almost same specs but cheaper with a better video card.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambler View Post
      It's an okay deal but the best one I have seen yet is Lenovo T540 which is $699 on BF. They just had a pre sale at the same price. Almost same specs but cheaper with a better video card.
      Where did you find this? Is it a laptop or desktop?

Comment

It's on the Lenovo website in their black friday ad. You can search t540 desktop to see what specs it carries.

Comment

Ehhh... For $750 its not bad, but honestly that 1660 is old stock from the NVIDIA line-up... The new 1660 Super would make me consider that computer, but a standard 1660 is a bit of old tech.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetShooter View Post
            Ehhh... For $750 its not bad, but honestly that 1660 is old stock from the NVIDIA line-up... The new 1660 Super would make me consider that computer, but a standard 1660 is a bit of old tech.
            https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop.../p/99IC9500324

So the computer Gambler mentioned above is listed here. It has the Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti. Is that the video card you are referencing? Thanks!

Comment

So when you click on the link, it shows you can purchase with an option to upgrade to a 1660Ti... that represents around an additional $100 price tag... Is that worth it? Yes, The 1660ti should theoretically compete with a RTX-2060, and you would have the ability to Overclock the GPU because of increased headroom and more cuda cores... That being said, I'd wait a little bit yet... There must be other deals out there and If it was me I'd try to get an RTX-variant card instead of an old tech card...

Comment

Following this thread to hopefully end up with my PC for a Uneekor build this winter, but unsure of which PC to get -hoping for under $1000 since it likely will only be used for simulator golf, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CycloneSteel View Post
                  Following this thread to hopefully end up with my PC for a Uneekor build this winter, but unsure of which PC to get -hoping for under $1000 since it likely will only be used for simulator golf, thanks!
                  2 questions... Are you willing to build your own computer? If not, what resolution are you looking to game at? 1080p or 1440p, or 4K?

Comment

So when you click on the link, it shows you can purchase with an option to upgrade to a 1660Ti... that represents around an additional $100 price tag... Is that worth it? Yes, The 1660ti should theoretically compete with a RTX-2060, and you would have the ability to Overclock the GPU because of increased headroom and more cuda cores... That being said, I'd wait a little bit yet... There must be other deals out there and If it was me I'd try to get an RTX-variant card instead of an old tech card...
                    So, its listed for $939 right now with the 1660ti, but its apparently going down to $699 on Black Friday per their ad. The ad is kinda vague, but it does state 1660ti. (page 19 on the black friday ad if it doesn't go straight to it)

https://www.theblackfriday.com/lenov....shtml?page=19
                    Last edited by luderiffic; 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

2 questions... Are you willing to build your own computer? If not, what resolution are you looking to game at? 1080p or 1440p, or 4K?
                      I've never built my own PC, but I could be convinced to give it a go. I've got the Optoma EH412ST -which is 4K UHD and 1080p HDR (HDMI 2.0) input compatible -I'm no videophile so I'm not even sure if 4K is achievable with Uneekor/TGC2019 at this point? Thx!

Comment

So I would suggest a few things. First, Take a look on youtube on some PC Build guides. Its much easier than you think. Really you just need to take your time and use common sense. Even then, you can still screw something up and its not going to blow up.
                        Secondly, TGC can run in 4K, however the frame rate drop is pretty significant, based on another thread I saw here. Your projector, is technically able to achieve 4K output, but its actually a fake-4K using pixel shift technology. (Not a bad thing.)

A 1660ti theroretically can achieve 1440p for a lot of games, so you could definitely utilize that computer for that. I also doubt that TGC 2019 requires a ton of computing power, so its doubtful that your CPU will bottleneck the GPU in that set up. You will have no problem running 1080p with that setup. (And you will likely be very happy with it)

The closest I can get in my Builds is like $800. I would suggest this, if you go the route of buying this, you should definitely get a 1TB or greater SSD to add to it for your sim software or anything else you choose to load on it. It only has a 250gb ssd and I would only want that running my Operating system. Spend another $100 or so to get a SSD and add it. There should be a few extra slots for additional storage on that Motherboard. Of course you may need to get an additional ATA cable and possibly power cable for it as well. You won't know that until you get it and open it up.

One last thing... This computer is good for now... but because of the way the board is designed as well as the power supply, it does not look like its a great candidate for upgrading components in the future. My guess is that the power supply is sufficient, but not enough to run a higher demand GPU and/or CPU. So keep that in mind. Cheers.

Comment

So I would suggest a few things. First, Take a look on youtube on some PC Build guides. Its much easier than you think. Really you just need to take your time and use common sense. Even then, you can still screw something up and its not going to blow up.
                          Secondly, TGC can run in 4K, however the frame rate drop is pretty significant, based on another thread I saw here. Your projector, is technically able to achieve 4K output, but its actually a fake-4K using pixel shift technology. (Not a bad thing.)

A 1660ti theroretically can achieve 1440p for a lot of games, so you could definitely utilize that computer for that. I also doubt that TGC 2019 requires a ton of computing power, so its doubtful that your CPU will bottleneck the GPU in that set up. You will have no problem running 1080p with that setup. (And you will likely be very happy with it)

The closest I can get in my Builds is like $800. I would suggest this, if you go the route of buying this, you should definitely get a 1TB or greater SSD to add to it for your sim software or anything else you choose to load on it. It only has a 250gb ssd and I would only want that running my Operating system. Spend another $100 or so to get a SSD and add it. There should be a few extra slots for additional storage on that Motherboard. Of course you may need to get an additional ATA cable and possibly power cable for it as well. You won't know that until you get it and open it up.

One last thing... This computer is good for now... but because of the way the board is designed as well as the power supply, it does not look like its a great candidate for upgrading components in the future. My guess is that the power supply is sufficient, but not enough to run a higher demand GPU and/or CPU. So keep that in mind. Cheers.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Decent deal for anyone that can't wait til black friday.
                            $899 for desktop with Rx 5700 XT

https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer-...1LJ72Qt4wp4SSw

Specs
                            • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.60 GHz Processor
                            • AMD B450 Motherboard
                            • 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz Memory
                            • 512GB Solid State Drive
                            • AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 Graphics
                            • Rosewill SPECTRA D100 ATX Mid Tower w/ Tempered Glass Case
                            • 650W 80+ Gold PSU
                            • Keyboard & Mouse
                            • 802.11ac Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.2
                            • Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
                            • Ports:
                              • 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1
                              • 2x USB 2.0
                              • 1x HDMI 2.0b
                              • 3x DisplayPort 1.4
                              • 1x RJ45 Ethernet

Comment

Thats a pretty good deal. That 5700xt competes with a 2060 Super and the 3600 cpu is pretty good as well.The MOBO also would allow you to take advantage of some mile overclocking...

Comment

Working...
                              X