Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

No sound for iPad when connected to HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound for iPad when connected to HDMI

I'm not sure where to post this question so if there's a better forum for it please say so....

I picked up an old iPad Air to use with Skytrak (just going to play WGT temporarily until I can pull the trigger on TGC and a gaming laptop).

I bought a lightning to HDMI adapter so I could connect the iPad to my projector. So the iPad connects to the adapter (via lightning) and the adapter then connects to the HDMI cord which then connects to the projector.

The image projects just fine, but there is no sound. If I unplug the adapter, the sound immediately plays through the iPad just fine. Plug the adapter back in and the sound disappears.

There are no speakers in my projector. I previously used a laptop and the sound played through the laptop with no issues. But for some reason it won't play through the iPad.

I'm guessing the adapter (and HDMI cord) is sending the audio to the projector and because there are no speakers in the projector, the audio is just sort of trapped there with no outlet to play through.

Any ideas what might be happening or how to fix this? Basically, I need the audio to play through the iPad speaker while the image is displayed through the projector. Like I said, I was able to do this with my laptop with no problem.

You might check to see if the projector has an audio output jack and hook some cheap speakers to it. The HDMI carries the audio too, you MIGHT be able to override that in the iPad settings, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by trhuke View Post
      You might check to see if the projector has an audio output jack and hook some cheap speakers to it. The HDMI carries the audio too, you MIGHT be able to override that in the iPad settings, not sure.
      I explored all of the settings and didn't see anything. The speaker thing could be an option, but it's just weird that it works easily with the laptop but not the iPad.

I would think there are a good number of people here who use an iPad with their projector (?)

Comment

Working...
      X