best retailer for 1st time PC build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best retailer for 1st time PC build

Hey guys, totally new to the build-your-own-pc thing. I'm kind of getting paralysis of analysis. Would anyone be able to route me to a good online retailer to build a PC to specs needed for a Uneekor system? Fry's, NewEgg, Dell, Amazon....Help!

If you are in Canada, I would suggest Memory Express. They are very helpful and do a good job putting the system together for you. I think they charge $100 or something for a basic build. If you tell them the critical components and your budget, they can do the rest and suggest things you did not think about. I find them to be very good and knowledgeable.

Comment

• Somethings Bruin
      Somethings Bruin commented
      Editing a comment
      Where in Canada are they located. How much for the entire computer. Looking to run skytrak and tgc 2019.

• Dax
      Dax commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they are across the country. Have a look at their website. Maybe look at their clearance computers or the ones on sale first as there can be good deals there and if not, you could always start a build online and piece things together based on price. Final alternative is to call them and see what they can do.

I think this depends on a) how comfortable you are specing and then building your own machine, b) which country you live in, and c) the budget you have. The country will determine the bests shops to buy from. The budget will determine the ultimate spec, and whether to buy 2nd hand or new, and your experience will determine how much you can do, and how much will be done for you.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​

Comment

https://pcpartpicker.com Is a really good site for building a pc yourself if you are comfortable putting the parts together yourself. micro center has pretty good prices and selection.

Comment

I just built my first computer last month. I used pcpartpicker.com to put a plan together and then I ordered pretty much everything from either Amazon or Newegg. It takes some searching around for each part to find the best price because they can vary by a lot from site to site. In the end I don't think I saved any money than if I would've had it pre-built, but I probably ended up with a few better components like the power supply and mother board because I didn't cut any corners. The best part is with a clean Windows install there is no bloatware on the computer and it's super fast. It's also fun putting everything together if you enjoy that sort of thing. It's like legos for adults, haha!

Comment

Thanks guys, I went with pcpartpicker as well. I'm fairly handy so fingers crossed it'll go smoothly.

Comment

Working...
          X