Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET & GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Scotish Open!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Ireland Invitational with 2 rounds at Le Golf National (Protee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...d-invitational
See more
See less

Assistance with prebuilt computer options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance with prebuilt computer options

Hello everyone, I'm currently in the market for a computer my golf sim that was recently built. I'm using an old computer right now in order to run ST but I would like to add TGC 2019 into the mix which means I need a better setup. I'm not that confident in my abilities to build a computer which leaves me with the option of purchasing a prebuilt computer. My setup is below:

Screen - 8 x 10.5 (4:3 aspect ratio)
    Projector - Optoma X318ST
    LM - Skytrak

I've been looking around for a little bit and have come across three options that I'm hoping for input on. My questions are 1.) Will these be sufficient to run TGC? 2.) Will option #3 be any better than options 1 and 2 since it will be at 4:3?

Option #1
    • Price - $850
    • Processor - i5, 9th gen, 9600
    • Memory - 8GB
    • HD - 1TB and 240GB SSD
    • GPU - GTX 1660 SUPER
    Option #2
    • Price - $1,000
    • Processor - i7, 9th gen, 9700
    • Memory - 16GB
    • HD - 1TB and 480GB SSD
    • GPU - GTX 1660 SUPER
    Option #3
    • Price - $1,300
    • Processor - i7, 9th gen, 9700
    • Memory - 16GB
    • HD - 1TB and 240GB SSD
    • GPU - RTX 2060

Other options - anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Any one of them can run that. I have very old i7-3770, 8 gb of ram, 1060 3gb video card, and SSD drive.

Comment

The cheaper option you specified will be more than capable of running TGC, even with highest quality video settings. The projector only has a native resolution of 1024x768 so the 1660 will easily handle that. Even if you ran at 1920x1080, it would still be fine.
      If you are only using it for the golf sim, then the CPU and other components will also be fine.

Comment

Working...
      X