PC placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC placement

I noticed the majority of simulator builds place the computer and monitor on the right side wall as you are facing the screen. I’m a little limited on that side since I intend to hang some heavy curtains that will pull back to open the space to a larger room when needed. I was planing on using an area on the left side or perhaps use a mobile cart instead. Anyone ever place their computer on the left wall? Any issues?

Depends on how much space you are talking about and ensuring you e enough room for your down swing. Mine sits behind me with no issues.

Comment

• ChipIt
      ChipIt commented
      Editing a comment
      I have plenty of room on either side, so space isn’t an issue. This is more about using the wall space on my left, which would be preferred vs the open space on the right, which would need a cart. I didn’t want to wire everything up on the left then have to move it all to the other side if it was uncomfortable to use. Thanks.

One of the reasons for putting the pc on the right is to easily see the monitor (assuming you are right handed). Having a 2nd screen (in addition to the projector screen) is handy to display additional data e.g. output from swing cameras or club data if your launch monitor provides it. A 3rd screen is even better. You can set the 3rd screen to duplicate the projector screen so when lining up putts or aiming your drive the view of the course is right in front of you (on the 3rd screen).

Comment

• ChipIt
      ChipIt commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a QED, so this may have to be a consideration. Thanks.
Working...
X