Need a PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a PC

I need a gaming PC for my simulator setup. I want to run TGC flawlessly with no problems. Is there any places to check for PC’s ? Best Buy hasn’t had anything in a long time.

Do you have a Micro Center there?

Comment

Yes I do I called them last week everything seems to be low and not in stock.

Comment

Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon. Or you can go direct to the manufacturers direct website like Lenovo, Dell, Etc. Prebuilt is the way to go right now, in my opinion. So lots of options on prebuilt.

Comment

Is prebuilt better priced right now than building my own?

Comment

It is less about price right now and more about can you find the components. But wrt price, many are finding that component pricing is through the roof right now (availability shortfalls etc.) worldwide, so large companies that either bought a large mass of computers (the resellers) a year ago, or large manufacturers who have relatively large stocks of components are the best bet right now. Manage your expectations about high end components though - even these companies are stretched for top of the line components, but there are many avail which should run TGC just fine.

Personally I think Dell, Lenovo etc. are your best bet right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bflem55 View Post
              Is prebuilt better priced right now than building my own?
              Try these guys... They might, emphasis on might, be able to build something for you. https://vrlatech.com/custom-gaming-pc/

Comment

I had to buy a pre built dell. Simply cause I could not source a gpu to save my life. It’s not the best way to go cause you will have to upgrade stuff like stock cooling, but it was the only way I could score a 3070 in a timely manner

Comment

Originally posted by cgdavis_2 View Post
                  https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator...3&sr=8-37&th=1

I have no idea what computers work. Would this be sufficient.
                  More than sufficient. Will work nicely

Comment

I recently had Microcenter build me a PC. It took about a week for them to get me an rtx3080 but they got it. They said they reserve some for their in house PC builds.

Comment

Working...
                    X