CyberPower PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberPower PC review

I've been hesitant to write anything regarding my experience with this company as I know many times it is only the disgruntled that tend to do so...well I hate to spoil the surprise but I am one of them. My main reason for writing this is not to trash CyberPower, but more of a help to others like myself who are looking to buy a computer for their simulator and are unsure where to buy one. I'll be the first to admit on a scale of 1-10 of computer savviness, I'm probably a 2-3, maybe that was part of the problem. I started by doing some research on what was needed and also asked in the forum and unfortunately didn't get much, no problem. I saw videos and saw that CyberPower and IBuyPower came up every now and then so I focused on those 2 companies. They both have amazing reviews of for their brands and it looked like either one would be good. I chose to buy a QuickShip computer from CyberPower as my other parts came in and I was ready, figured that would be fine. It met all the specs needed and then some so I wasn't too concerned with that. Began having issues once I got everything set up with it crashing, primarily only while TGC2019 was running, but did get the occasional blue screen and error code. Decided to start troubleshooting with ProTee as it seemed to happen mostly with their software running. They spent 3 straight nights looking at things and said it must be the computer as it wasn't their program, and that it also crashed when they were only surfing the web. I did run a few diagnostic tests, memory, etc, and everything checked out clean. I called CyberPower and they suggested immediately that I re-install everything because the error codes I provided indicated both software and hardware issues. They said after a full re-install, if it continued, it would definitely be a hardware issue. I didn't like how that was the first response but ok, I bit the bullet and reinstalled everything. After that the problem continued to exist so I called back and they said it could be the memory in the graphics card so let's deal with that. My choices were to ship the whole tower back and let them look at it (2-3 weeks min), or I could send them just the graphics card and it would be more like 7-10 days. I begged for any other option figuring it would be a month a least for any solution and they said they could cross ship a graphics card if I put a credit card down on the one they were sending, I said fine, do that. I set this up on a Monday and come the following Thursday, 10 days later, I called and asked about it. It had not been sent out yet they told me, uggghhh. I asked if they could overnight it so I could work on it that weekend they said the best they could do was 3 -day delivery. I asked if I could pay to upgrade and they said I could for $45, which I frustratingly did. I get the card in that Friday and see that it is a single fan RTX2060, the one in the tower is a dual fan RTX2060, what is going on? I called and they said sometimes they use the items that are in stock even though it doesn't match the order...huh? This was a Quickship item that was already built and the specs don't match the parts, so much for quality control. Anyways, I try the new graphics card and same thing, no luck, extremely frustrated. I knew I couldn't send the tower back as they don't have my software and I know they would tell me it ran fine there, no issues. I called them and asked for any other options. He said we could try other parts but they can't do anything until they received the graphics card back. I asked why, you have my card billed for it, can't you bill my card again for any other part we try, he said no, only one at a time. It was frustrating because he just told me what they can't or won't do, not what they could or what any other options might be. I asked about tech support and why haven't they looked at any crash logs and he said they don't do that for my safety, haha. Anyways I decided to keep googling and I ran across someone with similar issues who replaced the RAM sticks and it fixed everything. I googled the RAM provided in the computer and it got really bad ratings with many instances of not working right out of the box although I'm guessing that wasn't the case for me. So I bought new RAM sticks and it has since worked like a charm! I stupidly tried to make CyberPower at least provide new RAM sticks, even though I upgraded so I wouldn't use them, and got the same rep who told me I would have to pay myself to send them back and they would evaluate them.
    I wish I would have read something like this before I purchased as I would not have gone this route. Like I said, maybe it's great for certain people, I just wished it had been more clear what you get, never again from them.

I didn't read past the first sentence partially due lack of paragraphs. I had a similar experience. I had issues with a CLXGaming gaming desktop. After several rounds of attempted remediation were unsuccessful, I was able to return for a full refund. Ended up ordering through CyberPower. That gaming desktop ended up needing the RTX 3080 replaced, which they did timely. Been good for a year now. More recently ordered a gaming laptop from CyberPower and no issues.

I think these things are prone to issues. Troubleshooting is brutal to all involved.

Comment

Working...
    X