No announcement yet.

Will this computer run TGC and E6 well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this computer run TGC and E6 well?

I beleive the processor and graphics are enough to run these programs well but wanted to confirm everything else is fine. Thanks

Should be plenty. I'm running TGC on a 4 yr old i5/1050ti without any issues.

Comment

What difference would be seen in gameplay of TGC or e6 from an i5 intel vs an i7. Assuming the same graphics card

Comment

• preludesam
        preludesam commented
        Editing a comment
        No difference. Processing power would be needed if you were running additional programs at the same time i.e. Swing Catalyst or Kinovea for swing review.

Can I project 4:3 off a computer as my screen is designed to that aspect

Comment

You should be able to chose that ratio through the NVidia software, or your projector. I would recommend the software.

Comment

• Bbarfoot14
          Bbarfoot14 commented
          Editing a comment
          So don’t just change the image size in display settings like I did? I couldn’t find the option on my benq projector.

Correct. You want the GPU to adjust the image

Comment

Yea I don’t see any options other then the display size. Any help on where to access gpu settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Bbarfoot14 View Post
            Yea I don’t see any options other then the display size. Any help on where to access gpu settings?

you can try this

Comment

Yes, you need to access the Nvidia Control Panel and create a custom resolution. You should leave the aspect ratio to auto on the projector.

I know you do not have a 4K projector but it's the same process on the link below.

My screen will be about 10 high and 11 feet wide, so very close to 1:1 ratio. I know you can use custom settings to do 1080 by 1080, would a 4k resolution be possible with this ratio? I spent about $1,500 on a laptop and projector (671st) and I'm trying to decide if I want to return both and spend more to go 4k. Thank you in

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Bbarfoot14
                Bbarfoot14 commented
                Editing a comment
                I accessed the nvidia control panel but it didn’t give the option to adjust ratio or resolution just 3d setting and color adjustments. Seems like my only option is the 1600:1200 option in resolution which is 4:3 but I’m not sure if optimizing it?

Thanks for the info, the computer runs e6 extremely well. It’s crazy difference from the iPad, almost laughable.
              I’ll try to follow those steps thanks

Comment

All set thanks for the help, of course it has an internal GPU that was taking over so it wouldn’t let the nvidia control display. All set

Comment

Working...
                X