Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (NET) and @Shawn Rennie (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

any decent impact screens in uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any decent impact screens in uk

Hi Guys,

In v1 of my garage build i had a archery baffle http://collinsnets.co.uk/product/arc...tting-for-golf which took the ball well but the density of the baffle meant the image quality was pretty low, i then ordered another archery baffle but this was much higher density and the image quality increased https://www.golfswingsystems.co.uk/p...chery-netting/

does anyone in the UK know where to get a high quality impact screen that will provide good image quality?

My V1 build was using a similar screen from your V2 build.
    For my V2, I had a Par2Pro screen imported. The cost of shipping and import tax were pretty steep, however the image quality is chalk and cheese compared to the archery net.
    I wish I'd gone with that in the first place.

Comment

Us brits who are interesting in getting quality screen should club together , wonder how much interest is out there

Comment

Appreciate this is an old post but it comes up if I search impact screen UK.

Any one tried the new HD impact screen from golf swing systems and able to comment on quality?

https://www.golfswingsystems.co.uk/p...chery-netting/
        Last edited by jrhouston; 07-29-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Bump - anyone tried this?

Comment

• Tommyseb
            Tommyseb commented
            Editing a comment
            Archery net is ok, but you can get better impact screens which give much much better image quality and are very durable, i got mine from Phil at Hybridme he's a UK reseller of golf sim stuff, the screen i got is worlds apart from my previous archery net (which i now hang behind the new impact screen) give him a shout hybridmelimited@gmail.com

Thanks Tommy! Funnily enough I called him last weekend and ordered a screen. Should be here next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukwill View Post
            Thanks Tommy! Funnily enough I called him last weekend and ordered a screen. Should be here next week.
            Is the new screen just the raw material or is it finished? The website says the premium stuff is only raw but ideally I need one that is finished.
            I am worried my screen which is less than 6 months old is close to the end. I can't afford £800 every six months so am looking for a UK alternative supplier instead of importing one from the states.

Comment

He offers the option of raw or pre-fab holes on all 4 sides or whatever you want. Price is s fraction of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukwill View Post
                He offers the option of raw or pre-fab holes on all 4 sides or whatever you want. Price is s fraction of that.
                Thanks for the info. Let us know what the screen is like when it arrives. Would be good to have a UK supplier of a quality screen at a decent price. Can't believe how quickly mine has degraded, I had to rotate it the other day or it would have had a hole by now, it's paper thin around the point of most of the ball impacts. It's a carl's premium I was expecting at least a few years out of it.

Comment

Will do mate.

Comment

I'm UK based too and am looking at Collins, Golfswingsystems, GolfBay and Hybridme ....

So difficult to know what to get. I think durability is most important to me, at the moment.

I'll also need to have it quite taut, as I'm a bit short of depth in my room.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMRICS View Post
                      I'm UK based too and am looking at Collins, Golfswingsystems, GolfBay and Hybridme ....

So difficult to know what to get. I think durability is most important to me, at the moment.

I'll also need to have it quite taut, as I'm a bit short of depth in my room.

Dan
                      If you want durability you won't go far wrong with the Collins archery baffle netting. If you can put a hole in that thing you need to be on tour, it's bullet proof. Not great for projecting onto but acceptable. Think I posted a few screen shot's a few years ago, will try and dig them out.

Comment

There wasn’t a great deal of cost difference between my original Colin’s archery net and my 2nd one.. and with the increased weave density the image quality was also increased

Comment

Hi Guys, I have an Archery net that I got from Phil at Hybrid me. The things bulletproof but I'm ready to go for something that will provide a better image quality. Any recommendations on something that's not gonna cost a bomb, not get holy in 6 months, and display a good HD image.

I have my archery net hanging from hooks along the rear of a joist, and was wondering if I was to get a high quality impact screen would it be ok to hang it from the same hooks as the archery net, or would I need to have a gap between the 2 nets to get minimum bounceback. I'm happy to hang it along the front of the joist if better with about a 2 inch gap between.

Alternatively I'm happy to pay for a memory foam mattress topper to hang behind the new screen if people think this would be better. Any advice appreciated. I currently have an old mattress topper (not memory foam) behind the archery screen and its ok but a bit springy at times. The problem, if its a problem, is that my archery net is too high and has about a foot and a half tucked under itself on the floor. And slightly too wide in that ball bungees are not an option for the sides- I tried tightening using them and felt the bounce back increased as it got tauter.

I have about 18" between the archery net and the rear wall, so a bit of leeway.

Lastly, if I can nullify the bounceback from the screen I'm looking for something for the floor that would pretty much kill the ball instantly. Preferably a green sort of carpeting. I'd be laying it onto a concrete floor (garage) if that helps. Looking to run it about 5m by 3m and cutting out bits for my hitting mat and maybe a rail for my skytrak to move forward for those lob shots :-)

Comment

I’m soon to be selling a brand new unused Par2Pro SQHQ screen in the UK. It was hung, and then taken down - as I realised it was incorrect.

175” wide by 119.5” high.
                            It has 1.5” black webbing at the bottom, 4” of ‘loop’ Velcro along the top (back side), and and eyelet at either bottom corner - 2” from the bottom.
                            I have the Par2Pro spec drawing if someone is interested?

Cost over $1000! UK shipping and import duties paid... but I needed ‘hook’ Velcro down the sides to interact with my side curtains / drapes - which wasn’t fitted. I now have a replacement, so thought someone might want this rather than it sitting in my loft gathering dust!
                            Last edited by p3eps; 02-12-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X