• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceiling height minimum

hi all,
    just a quick question -
    i have a lower than i would have liked garage roof height - 8.5ft
    by no means am i "tall" 5ft6ish.... how restricted would i be with that height and longer clubs?
    im thinking of the wall mount screen from spectrum as i can customise the vertical lengths while still keeping the 10ft width.

has anyone been able to replicate the fold away design i have seen where the sides fold into the screen and the screen rolls up? i would have a permanent screen setup but would need the sides to fold back into the screen. thinking some sort of hinge setup?

I think the best advice is to swing a driver in there and see if you can clear the ceiling. Slow swings to start with an exaggerated high finish then work your way up to full speed swings. My garage is about the same height and I'm 5'9ish. My swing is a little flat and I have never hit the ceiling. I did cut down a driver shaft some but that was for my own piece of mind. I can swing a full length driver with no problem. One other thing to consider is what simulator you will be using. Some need a platform to hit from which will take away another couple of inches. Others only need a stance mat.

Comment

im using skytrak and my mat is 4 inches high at most... i want to cut my driver / graphite shafts down 1 inch for my own personal benefit also

Comment

I'd start by getting rid of a hitting mat that is 4" tall.

Comment

sorry my error... 40cm (35 to be exact) but i have some non slip pads under it

Comment

I think you must mean 35mm which is a little less than 1.5 inches. Regardless I still think the only way to know for sure is to swing a club. Are you able to do that?

Comment

I'm 6' and ceiling 8' but when I swung when evaluating my room there was no issue.

Hitting a ball though - big difference and I'm hitting the ceiling. I've now abbreviated the follow through to cater for it and together with the hesitation that happens indoors, I lose 50 - 120 yards off every drive. Will lift the ceiling but highly advise actually hitting a ball and seeing your normal swing speed, rather than just a practice swing.

Comment

Working...
              X