Sim room finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim room finished

I said above sim room finished ...... is it ever ? lol For the moment mine is so I thought I share it in case some wants to see it.
    Here two videos. First one is the setup only, 2nd the setup in action. Excuse my bad swings, this was after playing 2 rounds
    and setting up r-motion for the first time.
    If you have any questions go ahead.
    A special thanks to inourkuo here for helping me big time setting up the dual camera recording and automatic replay.
    video, delen, cameratelefoon, videotelefoon, gratis, uploaden

video, delen, cameratelefoon, videotelefoon, gratis, uploaden

I will have a look at the lights later on. Might go with some spot type lights. Any recommandations anybody ?
    I usually only have one sealing light on for TGC but have to use both with swing recording which lights up the screen a little much.

I have a dc spotlight mounted in my ceiling with it shining thru a small hole in a ceiling tile. This light makes a nice small circle on the hitting area. I am powering this light from the power supply of my computer so it is only on when the computer is on. I also added a foot switch to turn it on and off for general use of the computer on the screen.

Comment

• Sascha1818
      Sascha1818 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I will have a look into that. I was also looking into dimmable led spot lights. I don't really have a USB port left on my Laptop. In fact I'm one short

• Little_Stickner
      Little_Stickner commented
      Editing a comment
      These spotlights in the link look very interesting. I am just about finished with my build (my new Skytrak shows up today baby!!!) and I plan to buy 3 of these and mount them overhead. I am going to plug them into an extension cord and run that extension cord to a switched outlet I have in the garage. There are a few review videos where you can see these spots in action.

Nice setup, what type of screen are you using, is that the normal bounce back? Also what camera's and software is that? In the process of setting up mine now just gathering info before i spend foolishly before the holidays.
    Last edited by eddiemm3; 10-19-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Sascha1818
      Sascha1818 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure of the screen. Got it off the internet before I saw all the feedback about screens on here. Bounce back is always like that but I have the screen pretty tight to avoid wrinkles. The cameras are 2 ELP (1x 2.1mm lens and 1x 2.8-12mm lens) with 120 FPS (really more like 100 but that's fine) for 60$ each, Software is kinovea (free) audio zone trigger (about 25$) and inorkuos script (free). You can find everything you need for the camera setup here https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-it-s-awesome

Cool sliding mechanism for the skytrak. Can you take a closer pic of that? Have you tried reducing your bounce back? Room looks nice and pretty neat rack setup for your clubs.

Comment

nice setup Sascha. have you tried adjusting your camera settings so that the room does not need to be as bright? here are my camera settings:

brightness: 26
    contrast: 45
    hue: 0
    saturation: 60
    sharpness: 2
    gamma: 100
    white balance: auto
    backlight comp: 2
    gain: 100
    anit flicker: 60 hz
    exposer: auto
    low light compensation: on

also, if you drag vlc to your laptop screen and close it, vlc will remember its position and open there instead of popping up over tgc.

Comment

• inorkuo
      inorkuo commented
      Editing a comment
      my audiozonetrigger settings are going to be different than yours because the only time when I need the slow motion playback over top of tgc is when I am doing an online lesson, so i set the script to leave the slow motion playback up until i hit the next ball. this is what i have in the parameters window:

0 3.5 0.5 0.5 10 0 20 mp4 D:\Swing_Videos

• Sascha1818
      Sascha1818 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry my fault, I actually ment the trigger itself, frequency and sensitivity. I tried the camera settings and they are great. Thanks. Unfortunately still not quite enough but I'm looking for more spotty lights either way

• inorkuo
      inorkuo commented
      Editing a comment
      my sensitivity is set to about 75%. I left "detect silence" and "dynamic" unchecked. i'm not sure where the frequency setting is. are you talking about in the "trigger settings" tab under settings? mine says "save audio as wav" and "resample audio to 44100 kHz 16bit".

Here the pics I promised. Any questions just ask. I put the block on the skytrak rail tight to the protective case so it can't move around
    Attached Files

Comment

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. Thanks for the pics.

thanks for the parts list and pics. I think I will make one of these for my sim. Was looking at 2 different types of hitting turf (fairway and rough) and this slide will help hit out of each while be able to easily move the LM.

Comment

Working...
    X