Par2Pro SQ Screen vs Par2Pro HQ2 w/ Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Par2Pro SQ Screen vs Par2Pro HQ2 w/ Pictures

After owning the the Par2Pro HQ2 screen for a year and a half and the SQ-BETA screen for 2 weeks I wanted to post an open and honest review about the pros and cons of the screens and also my experience doing business with Preston and Cory from Par2Pro.

For starters I want to provide a little background. I have always been pretty good at golf but once I installed my simulator my handicap dropped from a 4 to a +1 index in real life. I hit the same 6 inch strip of the screen just about every time and my driver ball speed hovers around 170 on good strikes.

Par2Pro HQ2 Screen
    I had Par2Pro make me a finished screen for my golf room / theater room. What I love most about this screen is that imagines really pop. Whether it is TGC at Magnolia National or I'm watching Game of Thrones the picture is great with and without the lights on. My wife especially loves watching UGA football games. To be honest we have used it more for watching TV than I use it for playing golf and that is because the picture is fantastic. The finished screen also looks great and was easy to install with bungee cords. After a year and a half I started to see a wear spot where i hit my pitching wedge which is my go to warm up club. My wife put a little sewing fiber glue on it which is barely visible but holding up well. I'm hoping this screen lasts me for a long time. Full disclosure I put a very taught 15 foot by 10 foot sports net behind the screen and it really prevented bounce back and I think helps with screen wear. I really don't have anything negative to say about this screen and I hope it last forever. I have included a picture of this screen with the lights on and the lights off.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180309_231219.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	148499Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7957.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	148486

Par2Pro SQ-BETA
    I bought this screen because of the wear spot on the HQ2 and have tried it out for the last 2 weeks so I cannot assess the durability of the screen. It was great doing business again with Preston at Par2Pro and the finished screen is identical to my HQ2 in size which was important when getting a replacement. I have noticed a couple things about this screen that are distinctly different form the HQ2 screen which I didn't know I needed until I had it. This screen is a lot quieter. I was expecting a difference but after hitting one ball you can easily tell. I won't pretend to know whats going on but its probably because the screen is a lot thicker. It feels like it has padding built in. The other thing I noticed is less bounce back. Balls just hit the screen and die. When hung up by itself the picture looks excellent both with the lights on and off. This screen had a lot to live up to in comparison to the picture of the HQ2 and to be honest I didn't notice any differences between he HQ2 and the SQ-BETA until I folded back the the SQ-BETA to do a side by side comparison. The picture is slightly worse but hardly noticeable. I have tried to show this in all the photos.

SQ-BETA Pictures

Name:	image_7966.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	148493

Name:	image_7964.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	148495

Name:	image_7965.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	148494

Name:	image_7961.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	148490Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7960.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	148489

SQ BETA vs HQ2

Name:	image_7958.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	148487

Name:	image_7963.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	148492

Overall
    I am very happy with both of my screens from Par2Pro and I would suggest doing business with them whether it is setting up a simulator or just buying a screen. I don't think the pictures do the SQ-BETA screen justice as the screen was just hanging and not taught as it would be if I were watching a movie. Still looked great. This SQ-BETA screen is good and there is no doubt about that. Hopefully theses screens last me a long time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BlechBOX; 03-10-2018, 05:37 PM.

Agree, a great company to deal with! I also love my screen. I will,do business with Cory again.

Comment

Thank you for the great review and kind words @BlechBOX!
      Thank you as well Dax

Happy to help!

Comment

Working...
      X