Help needed from sportscreen users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed from sportscreen users.

It sounds like everyone who uses the sportscreen attaches their impact screen via velcro. Do you attach it to the sportscreen (black screen), or to an additional piece of velcro on the roller? Thanks.

Additional piece of Velcro on the roller.

Comment

I am going to be in the minority here, but my impact screen is attached directly to the black SportScreen with industrial strength velcro. I did this initially because my impact screen is shorter than my SportScreen.

It was going to be temporary but it's been nearly a year and it's been fine. I think it might matter that I used the industrial strength velcro. It seems to bond better than cheaper stuff. You can buy it at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Amazon sells it too, I think.

Comment

Thank you for the info. How long is the sportscreen? 9ft? I'm planning on a 12ft x 9ft impact screen.

Comment

Originally posted by FF23139 View Post
          Thank you for the info. How long is the sportscreen? 9ft? I'm planning on a 12ft x 9ft impact screen.
          I have the 16 ft wide Manual SportScreen which is really more like 15.5 feet wide and 9 feet tall. I also bought the 2 foot SportScreen extension piece which extends the length. The extension piece is attached via velcro to the SportScreen at the top. I actually forgot I had the extension piece until I was reading your post about the length of the screen.

Here's the extension piece:

My sim is in the garage and the ceiling is about 10.5 feet and I wanted the SportScreen to be mounted as close to the ceiling as possible and go all the way to the floor. My mounting brackets are attached directly to studs in the garage ceiling. There is still about two inches of space between the ceiling and top of the roller for the SportScreen because of how it mounts and how you have to have room on the roller to store the screen when it is rolled up.

I have a 12x9 Supertex screen from Spectrum Golf. I'm happy with it. I have nothing to compare it to. My screen is smaller than the SportScreen and is mounted directly to the black SS with industrial strength velcro. Surprisingly, it works fine like this.

I am working on a longer detailed post with pictures that will show my complete setup with side curtains, pads for roller and pipe at bottom of screen, etc. I hope it will help some people with ideas for their own SportScreen setups.

Peace,

Pat

Comment

• Greekpsu79
            Greekpsu79 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pat,
            Have you had any issues with attaching the impact screen directly to the sportscreen now that you have had this setup a while. I have the same height ceiling and I was thinking about doing what you did to keep the roller close to the ceiling, I am just worried about how the back screen will hold up to the weight of the impact screen.

• Pat S.
            Pat S. commented
            Editing a comment
            @Greekpsu79...No problems at all. Still have it attached the same way. Still working great!

Pat thanks for the info. Much appreciated, that will help with my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat S. View Post
            I am going to be in the minority here, but my impact screen is attached directly to the black SportScreen with industrial strength velcro. I did this initially because my impact screen is shorter than my SportScreen.

It was going to be temporary but it's been nearly a year and it's been fine. I think it might matter that I used the industrial strength velcro. It seems to bond better than cheaper stuff. You can buy it at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Amazon sells it too, I think.
            I used the industrial velcro also on the screen, not the roller. In order to insure that the velcro didn't come unattached from the sportscreen I also hand stitched every 6 inches top and bottom of the velcro strip.

Comment

• Pat S.
              Pat S. commented
              Editing a comment
              I still need to go back and add some stitches to mine but so far it's been fine. Good insurance to have the stitches there too.

FF23139 I bought a Par2Pro HQSQ finished screen that included velcro on the top and a pocket at the bottom. I ditched the black sportscreen and just velcro'd the white impact screen directly onto the metal sportscreen roller. I then took the thin fiberglass rod included in my sportscreen (meant for the center of the black net) and put that through the bottom pocket of my white impact screen. This allowed me to bungee the bottom left and right grommet holes on the impact screen to the fiberglass rod making the top and bottom of the screen tight.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff

Comment

• Pat S.
              Pat S. commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you happy with your bounce back with only the screen? I'm more or less happy with mine.

I have the Supertex screen from Spectrum Golf and I have nothing to compare it to though it's one of the more budget-friendly options. I've heard that the Par2Pro screens are quieter and have much less bounce back. I use the Supertex screen in front of the SportScreen.

• jdgould
              jdgould commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I'm extremely happy with my screen, but I too don't have anything to compare it against. I stand around 7 or 8 feet away from my screen (preference) and for irons, the bounce back rolls back to around where I hit it from.

I went much simpler, I just used white gorilla tape and taped the edge of my impact screen directly to the roller right over where the sports screen velcro attaches to the roller. When my screen is fully deployed there is probably two wraps of impact screen around the roller so it's not coming off.
            My Lidar Courses
            - Foxford Hills Golf Club - Lidar
            - Eagle Ridge - The General
            - Cary Country Club - Lidar
            - Grand Geneva - The Brute

Comment

I have an 11ft ceiling in my garage and mounted mine with an extra strip of industrial Velcro to the metal bar. I just let it hang off the bar but make sure it is wrapped atleast once.

Comment

Working...
              X