Par2Pro SQ Raw Screen Gets High Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Par2Pro SQ Raw Screen Gets High Marks

For those who are wondering about this screen, here’s some feedback. I had an impact screen velcroed to a 10x10 Sportscreen and just replaced it a week ago with a Par2Pro SQ Raw screen. (So to be clear, the SQ screen is velcroed over the black Sportscreen.)

The old screen was from Custom Design Golf. Although it served me well for 3 years, and to be fair, I am not sure if they still sell the exact same screen now, but, I feel the SQ screen is definitely superior. It is a heavier texture, which makes it hang nicely. There are some folds from shipping, but it is not that noticeable and I suspect it will straighten out in time just from hanging.

Picture quality is very good and bounce back is much more muted than my former screen. I am hitting from about 9’ to the screen and am having no issues with bounce. The thicker texture is a plus. I am very happy with this screen and while I can’t vouch for longevity yet, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Also, Cory Par2Pro is very knowledgeable and professional. Excellent customer service!

I just got mine. I haven’t been able to hit any balls yet. It hangs very nice off my sport screen. This week weekend I will be able to play some sim golf and very excited to see the image quality and bounce back. I have a feeling I’m good no to be very happy with it and price was very good.

Comment

I've had mine for a couple months. I'll start with the bad. Some of the wrinkles never came out of the screen which kind of sucks. I tried steaming them and that didn't work. Over half the folds/wrinkles did come out but two very long prominent ones did not. The other complaint is the screen has an indentation wherever the last shot hit. Some people like this so they can see where ball hit but I'd expect it to come out after a few minutes/hours/days. It does not so whatever last shot you hit you will have it there for when you watch movies.

The good and it may outweigh the bad. Cory is amazing. Love the customer service with Par2Pro and I purchased their border trim as well for my 14' x 10' screen that has 2' trim up top to make it 8' tall for a 16'x9' format. Also, the picture quality is very good where there aren't wrinkles or dents and the screen is quiet. Lastly the bounce back is very minimal. If I didn't use this screen for movies I'd say it's a 10 out of 10. Unfortunately I do so for me it's a 6 out of 10. On the fence as to whether this would be my replacement screen.

One last thing. I had them attach velcro to the screen my border trim would stick on and I love that. I'd want that done no matter what screen I choose next.

Comment

• legendsfan
        legendsfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to change my rating to a 8.5 out of 10. Such a simple suggestion like running the back of my hand across screen before watching a movie does take the last shot out. I figured it being pulled taut it would pull the the shot out but that doesn't happen and I guess I don't care as much anymore. Screen is worth the money for sure.

I have yet to see a screen where the ball indent vanishes by itself ( I've used PR20, supertex and the first two versions of direct from the mill). It's easily remedied by brushing it away with your hand.

Comment

Can the SQ screen fit on/over the Net Return Pro? Will need to start working on my sim build so it's ready for when new place is done. Internally debating if I should build using new EMC frame or reuse my Net Return.

Comment

Originally posted by frackh View Post
          Can the SQ screen fit on/over the Net Return Pro? Will need to start working on my sim build so it's ready for when new place is done. Internally debating if I should build using new EMC frame or reuse my Net Return.
          Yes, we can make a customized SQ screen that will the be same layout as the Net Return's current one. Please contact us after you've settled that internal debate https://www.par2pro.com/contact.php or you can email me direct at shane@par2pro.com

Comment

I just put mine up today after having it for months because I wanted to wear out my other screen completely. I played 4 rounds on it today and first off the Picture is awesome compared to my basic Carls screen I had up for 2 years. I was never happy with the quality of the picture with that screen but the SQ is leaps and bounds better. Graphics now pop, colors are fantastic and its super clear.

only negative is that after only 4 rounds I already see some scuffing in multiple spots. I used a brand new Prov1x for 2 rounds and a brand new Wilson Duo spin for the other 2. The Prov1x gets me tons of spin on wedges, the highest being about 11,000 that I saw. The Wilson is much lower, probably only 9500 or so tops with a 56 degree . My Carl's screen eventually had a small hole in it and multiple other Marks from ball impact but it lasted 2 years and I could still be using it but wanted to finally get this one up. I hope this screen holds up for a while, its definitely a leap in quality for me but if it tears quickly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Thanks for posting your feedback, we've found during our years of testing many different screens that Pro V1 and Pro V1x balls have a softer jacket which are prone to nicks or burrs that will damage all screens, especially with wedges. We recommend Srixon golf balls for all screens as they seem to last the longest with the least amount of damage to the screens. It sounds like you are cycling your balls regularly enough, just be sure to check them every shot for nicks that will damage your screen and stop using damaged balls immediately. Also make certain that your equipment is clean - both balls and clubs.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes sir, I never use a ball for more than 2 rounds and I usually check them for knicks of any kind. I think I'm gonna stick to the wilson ball for sim play to generate less backspin off the screen. Overall the screen is very nice so far though. I'll post again in a few months on the durability. For the price I paid it was a steal.

I will add to this thread, I also got the screen from Cory and the team; I think the picture quality is amazing; I will agree that there does seem to be a small dimple where you hit over and over again but in all honesty I would be picking at straws. I also do see that I am creating marks on the screen even with "clean" golf balls but i think that is inevitable no matter how careful one is. That said, as soon as the projector is on I cannot see any marks at all; based on the hours upon hours I spent researching screens I would purchase from Cory and the team again without hesitation. The only other option I would consider is the direct to mill and that's because so many others on here have talked about it is quality.

Comment

I’ve got the SQ. I’ve had 4 other screens and this one is by far the best I’ve seen. The balls hit like a pillow, the noise is low and the image is very crispy.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

I too am using the SQ screen and have been very happy with it and would definitely purchase it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmuzoid View Post
                    For those who are wondering about this screen, here’s some feedback. I had an impact screen velcroed to a 10x10 Sportscreen and just replaced it a week ago with a Par2Pro SQ Raw screen. (So to be clear, the SQ screen is velcroed over the black Sportscreen.)

The old screen was from Custom Design Golf. Although it served me well for 3 years, and to be fair, I am not sure if they still sell the exact same screen now, but, I feel the SQ screen is definitely superior. It is a heavier texture, which makes it hang nicely. There are some folds from shipping, but it is not that noticeable and I suspect it will straighten out in time just from hanging.

Picture quality is very good and bounce back is much more muted than my former screen. I am hitting from about 9’ to the screen and am having no issues with bounce. The thicker texture is a plus. I am very happy with this screen and while I can’t vouch for longevity yet, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Also, Cory Par2Pro is very knowledgeable and professional. Excellent customer service!
                    Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are very happy to hear that and look forward to seeing the longevity of this new screen. Feel free to contact us any time with questions, comments, concerns or if you need anything else. Our goal is to provide the best customer service and products possible

Happy Golfing!
                    Cory

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge7204 View Post
                      I will add to this thread, I also got the screen from Cory and the team; I think the picture quality is amazing; I will agree that there does seem to be a small dimple where you hit over and over again but in all honesty I would be picking at straws. I also do see that I am creating marks on the screen even with "clean" golf balls but i think that is inevitable no matter how careful one is. That said, as soon as the projector is on I cannot see any marks at all; based on the hours upon hours I spent researching screens I would purchase from Cory and the team again without hesitation. The only other option I would consider is the direct to mill and that's because so many others on here have talked about it is quality.
                      Thanks for the great post - so happy to hear that! We have been trying to get a direct from the mill screen, but have not been able to get one yet. Always looking to find the best screen possible

Happy Golfing!
                      Cory

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                        I’ve got the SQ. I’ve had 4 other screens and this one is by far the best I’ve seen. The balls hit like a pillow, the noise is low and the image is very crispy.
                        Thank you so much for adding to the post! We hope you continue to have the best playing experience possible

Happy Golfing,
                        Cory

Comment

Originally posted by jdgould View Post
                          I too am using the SQ screen and have been very happy with it and would definitely purchase it again.
                          Thank you as well! We are very excited to hear that others are finding the same results that we got with our testing. Looking forward to seeing the longevity of it - hope it will outlast any other screen out there

Happy Golfing!
                          Cory

Comment

Working...
                          X