Launch Angles Ceiling protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch Angles Ceiling protection

I'm not really a math guy but I was trying to figure out what is adequate ceiling protection. Trackman tour average PW laumch angles for PGA & LPGA are 24 & 26 degrees respectively. I don't have all my numbers, but I do have Trackman launch angle numbers for driver & 7 iron. Mine appear to be 3-4 degrees higher than LPGA average. Using a "triangle calculator" and the following specs: Top of screen =108", angle at screen = 90 degrees, hitting mat to screen =132"; the calculator gave me a launch angle of 39 degrees.
    My plan is for ceiling protection to end 54" forward of my screen (78" from tee). if I am using the calculator correctly I get a launch angle of 54 degrees will hit the ceiling. Does this make sense? Any math wizards agree/disagree?

You didn't say how high your ceiling is. Same as your screen height? 54° would be correct for a 9 ft ceiling. But ceiling protection is also for missed shots and that could be anything. I've seen guys miss driver and send the ball practically straight up! And have the hole in the ceiling to prove it...

Comment

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
      You didn't say how high your ceiling is. Same as your screen height? 54° would be correct for a 9 ft ceiling. But ceiling protection is also for missed shots and that could be anything. I've seen guys miss driver and send the ball practically straight up! And have the hole in the ceiling to prove it...
      Thank you, Ceiling is 125" and agree with you that if you play golf long enough you will witness shots that appear to be impossible LOL.

Comment

Working...
      X