Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

Provisions for Impact Screen - High Ball Speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provisions for Impact Screen - High Ball Speed

Hey guys, long term lurker first time poster. Working on a garage build.. Looking for recommendations on how I should build my Impact Screen. And who's screen to go with. Myself and a couple of my playing partners are hard swingers (180+ mph ball speed). Is there any extra or special I should be trying to do to try keep the ball from going through. Compared to your regular recommendations of atleast 12" from the wall and then a net and/or mattress topper. I've heard good things about Carl's screens and Par2Pro, I'm leaning towards Par2Pro being that I am from Canada but not sure on durability from the high ball speed. Or is the main durability concern with the spin of the ball tearing on the screen.
    Thanks

I haven't even left a mark on my direct from Mill screen

Comment

Direct from mill is not available at this time, unless you find someone willing to part with theirs, so not really an option.

I think durability wise and with that type of ball speed, maybe the pr20 from west coast netting might be a good option. Might want to contact them to get their input on which would be better for that high of a ballspeed. The image is not the greatest on this though, it's not terrible, just not as good as others.

Comment

I have some screen I could part with for $18 a foot ish. I had to make a minimum order of 20m. I just got mine installed yesterday and hit over 300 balls into it. I went with a loose bottom method of install. I like it so far as it’s relatively quiet. (Was hitting driving in the basement with kids sleeping upstairs) and absolutely zero bounce back. For safety I have a net hung just behind my screen that is mounted to the same tube I made to be a roll up. I actually took a video of behind the screen and it doesn’t appear that the impact screen even touches the net on impact. The air movement cause by the impact on screen pushes the net back enough that they don’t touch. I have my screen mounted 23” from the wall.
        Last edited by longstix; 01-09-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Carl’s middle of the road screen is what I use. It’s worked well, no lasting marks. I’m not at 180mph but I can touch 170. 1 foot is a good distance. If my screen gets pushed any closer the wall behind gets hit.

Comment

I am looking to build a similar setup in my garage. What are you using to hang the hitting screen from? What is that roller? Thanks

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              My setup is in my garage and I used 1" fittings from tarps.com and used 1" conduit to create an upside down U to attach screen and netting to. It attaches to floor and to the wall with the footpads and then it has two corner fittings.

• longstix
              longstix commented
              Editing a comment
              If your asking me what that roller is it’s one I made myself out of a used Camper awning roller I got from and RV dealer that was throwing it out. I made caps for the ends a couple of pieces of flat metal with holes on the ends it could turn in

Originally posted by jamieholo View Post
            Hey guys, long term lurker first time poster. Working on a garage build.. Looking for recommendations on how I should build my Impact Screen. And who's screen to go with. Myself and a couple of my playing partners are hard swingers (180+ mph ball speed). Is there any extra or special I should be trying to do to try keep the ball from going through. Compared to your regular recommendations of atleast 12" from the wall and then a net and/or mattress topper. I've heard good things about Carl's screens and Par2Pro, I'm leaning towards Par2Pro being that I am from Canada but not sure on durability from the high ball speed. Or is the main durability concern with the spin of the ball tearing on the screen.
            Thanks
            I bought the Par2Pro high end screen about a month and a half ago. I have 12" behind the screen and started with a mattress topper behind the screen which got shredded into pieces, then I bought a HD moving blanket and hung that behind the screen and it also was shredded. Went to Princess Auto and bought one of their 9x10 canvas semi tarps for $50 on sale and it has had myself and some heavier hitters banging on it for a few weeks and it seems like I solved the dilemma. Nothing hits the wall anymore, and it should help with the life of the screen. Ideally i think a mesh net would be better and never rip or tear, but the tarp was cheaper and the most readily available option. I needed a 12x9 screen and ordered a raw cut 15x9 so that I could have one side folded over with tarp clips, and as the screen wears over time, I can just shift it over or cut off a foot and have a new impact spot. Best tip I can offer is use good unmarked/scuffed balls, and have yourself and your buddies play with clean clubs as dirt/grass will transfer from club-ball-screen. I have no wear in my screen and am very pleased with the image and quality. PM me if you would like any more info.

Cheers

Comment

I swing MUCH slower, but I've linked a product that should withstand your swing speeds...

https://www.pexels.com/photo/photogr...ckwall-761142/

Comment

Working...
              X