Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Teezr2 (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Sentry Tournament of Champions !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii with 2 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort - ProTee by CSU : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ee-open-hawaii
See more
See less

Grommets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grommets

Can grommets be added to a raw screen? I have a part2pro SQ screen raw and was wondering if I can add grommets across the top and run steel cable through it to make the screen retractable horizontally.

This can be done. I bought a cheap grommet press off amazon and you can get a hole punch from a lot of places. You need pretty good grommet rings though to go straight to raw screen. Otherwise they'll pull thru fairly easy. But not that hard of a job with all the right stuff.

Comment

I used a cheap harbor freight grommet kit. Fold the raw fabric over and punch and grommet it. I did it to black out curtains and my two old supertex screens. I got tired of all the tarp clips.

Comment

• Sramp17
        Sramp17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fold the screen over? So don’t just go through the screen once. Technically fold the top down an inch or two and grommet it together?

Sorry never done this before

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, my theory was it’s less like to rip with the folder edge but I am no expert. My super Tex had it folder over and seen as a pocket to run a bar through if you wanted. So you would be emulating that.

• Sramp17
        Sramp17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. My goal was to run the wire through like a shower curtain so I could slide the screen away when not in use. Currently I have a SportScreen setup but it is an eyesore to look at how I have it installed being that I have close to zero handy-man ability

I had a setup like this before, but instead of running the cable through each grommet, i bought cheap carabiners as it was easier that way and it didn't create waves going back and forth in the screen. I also folded the screen over to punch grommets through for the same reason as stingreye. Just though it would be less likely to tear out.

Comment

Working...
      X