Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

allsportsystems vs Carls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allsportsystems vs Carls

I am looking at enclosure kit from Carl's and allsportsystems.
    My room is 14'x24'9', but the wall where I am putting the enclosure sticks out by 1foot making it 13'. However, if I have to have a space behind the enclosure, then I can still put 14' there. I am in dilemma right now. Allsportsystems offers 14x9x5 enclosure kit, but I am not sure how their HD screen quality is to Carl's Premium. Carl's only offers up to 13'x7.7'x5 or I have to order 12'x9'x5'. I think Carl's can customize the screen for me, but not sure if they will sell the whole kit as customized.
    Has anyone compare these two impact screens?
    Or going custom screen with Carl's and buying the enclosure connectors and black cloth covers/or nets on my own the best option?

I haven’t tried Carl’s but the HD screen is very high quality and all sports systems customizes the length to whatever you need. My only disappointment with all sports is I can’t seem to get the screen to the right tightness like I see with par2pro or other screens which leaves a lot of waves or wrinkles with it. Also note you will have to purchase your own EMT poles and cut them to length if you go with all sports. The enclosure is nice if you don’t mind some work cutting and you think u can get the screen tight but I feel like the length to tell me to cut the EMT poles to at is too short.
    Last edited by WISCOGOLFNUT; 02-10-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Happy with Carls, did the preferred with enclosure kit, wrote a review on this site somewhere. Probably can’t go wrong with either.

Comment

Pretty sure Carl's will to custom sized enclosures as well as screens. Just give them a call for a quote. The connectors wont change from the standard kits, and doing a custom covering for the top/sides is no different than a custom screen size.

Originally posted by WISCOGOLFNUT View Post
        I haven’t tried Carl’s but the HD screen is very high quality and all sports systems customizes the length to whatever you need. My only disappointment with all sports is I can’t seem to get the screen to the right tightness like I see with par2pro or other screens which leaves a lot of waves or wrinkles with it.
        With Carl's the recommended lengths for the EMT cuts is such that they are inserted into the connectors ~4". This usually leaves plenty of room to be able to tighten up the screens and get rid of wrinkles.

e.g. https://www.carlofet.com/gek/5D--GEK-9x12x5.pdf

How different Is All Sports?
        Last edited by StuartG; 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Allsportssystems is similar in how the poles slide into the connectors but there is an additonal pole 1ft in front of the back of the enclosure that the screen hangs on and then it tightens to a cable tension kit on each side but the tension kit pulls in as it's not as rigid as EMT poles and the screen attaches to the top EMT pole and the tension kit with zip ties not bungees. Below are the instructions for All Sports Systems... I am going to try and make a enclosure that takes the best of Allsportssystems and Carls

http://www.allsportsystems.net/wp-co...e-01142019.pdf
          Last edited by WISCOGOLFNUT; 02-11-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I probably will go with Carl's premium if they can do custom size kit for me for similar price to allsportsystems. It seems to be easier to make the kit and I will be using the screen as home theater as well. I will probably hang something in the center to the ceiling to prevent from bending.

Comment

After doing more of my own research I think that is the right decision.. I think it will hang cleaner for you.. I used a small picture hanging kit (with the metal wire and screwed the loop into the ceiling) rated for 75 or 100lbs to take sag out of the middle of the pole.. it worked super well.

Comment

I contacted Carl's and asked for custom size of 8.25x13x5 ft premium. I can't go with 9ft because it will not fit into my 9ft ceiling. I think I can use all ratios 16:9 and 16:10 and 4:3 if I go with this size. I will probably order it tomorrow since they are closed already today.

Comment

I ordered premium custom size impact screen today. 8.25x13x5. Hopefully it comes pretty quickly. Now I need to sell my net return and also buy a projector.

Comment

Working...
                  X