Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @beau lester (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - ATT Byron Nelson !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - PGA Championship with 3 rounds at Bethpage State Park Black Course ProTee: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-championship
See more
See less

Ceiling Net Best Practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling Net Best Practices

Looking for any tips/advice on hanging ceiling netting. I received my net from par2pro which has grommets around 3 of the sides

Need to know most effective way to hang and more importantly the distance that should be left between the net and ceiling to allow it to stop a ball effectively before it hits any lights or the ceiling

Thanks

1' is generally recommended behind screens so assuming you keep the net at a similar tightness and similar widths, I'd expect a similar distance to be a safe bet. Although balls that are topped or intentionally hit that high don't have nearly the same velocity as the direct impacts the screen needs to be able to take so you might have a little more wiggle room.

I haven't done it yet, so can't really say how well it will work, but my plan is to just extend the enclosure EMT frame out to mount the netting on that I got for pop-ups and (god forbid) shanks. But I'm also using the low slope connectors from tarps.com - so the enclosure height will be higher where the golfer hits the ball than it is at the screen. ~8.5' high at the screen sloping up to ~10' high.

Comment

Working...
    X