No announcement yet.

golf cage enclosure ceiling clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golf cage enclosure ceiling clearance?

I'm looking at using one of the 10x10 cages/nets on my patio. Ceiling height on my covered patio is about 9'3" and i'm curious for those of you who have limited clearance ceiling how close you put the enclosure to the ceiling for wedge shots? I thought about maybe doing a shorter 8-8 1/2 foot pole at the back of the net and a full 9 foot one where i'll be hitting from to give me full clearance. Not sure how that would work with the netting. I'll be having to cut some anyway since they typically sell 10x10 nets.

I put my indoor enclosure as close as I could to my ceiling to maximise the size of the enclosure . I used a combination of netting and custom made foam panels about 2" thick to prevent wedge shots hitting the ceiling. So far it works well and have not impacted the ceiling.
    Don't cut away any excess netting if you go the smaller size, just gather it up at the bottom and maybe cable tie the excess together to make it look neater. Most nets have a sewn in border of some description which I think you might lose if you start cutting and may affect the integrity of the net .

Comment

I did the same. As close as I could get and hung baffles.

Comment

I'm debating now if i should just put it in the backyard in direct sunlight, or on the patio in a shaded area that wouldn't quite have 10 foot of clearance.

Comment

Give some consideration to whether you will want to use a launch monitor now or in the future. Some launch monitors don't do well in bright sunlight.

Comment

It's simply how far from the back of the cage your hitting area is. If you have a cage with top netting you will not hit the top netting unless your launch angle is more than the arctan (cage height )/(distance of hitting spot to the back of the cage). Arctan (arc whose tangent is) can be found on any calculator with trigonometry functions. The real problem is usually not hitting the top of the net but balls bouncing around off the floor when they are dropping down from near the top of the cage..

Comment

Originally posted by Kmurray View Post
              Give some consideration to whether you will want to use a launch monitor now or in the future. Some launch monitors don't do well in bright sunlight.
              I already have a skytrak that I used in my garage. The ceiling height was only 8'6" though and i feel like i developed some kind of strange indoor swing the DESTROYED my game(it was also kind of a tight fit with stuff behind me as well, so that mentally may have thrown off my mind as well).

Comment

Working...
              X