Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sportscreen... Driver speed... You want to view these pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportscreen... Driver speed... You want to view these pics.

Sooo yeah... I was doing some practice on the ST Range and i decided to really try to work on some flex/extension to see if I could amp up my flight and ball speed... This is what happened.
    This was hitting from about 8-9feet away from the screen. The front is an archery net, the backing is Sportscreen. Anyone else had this happen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_122956.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	211257 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_123014.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	211258

Wow, that sucks. What is your ball speed?

Comment

No Idea... ST didnt register that shot... It was registering in the 150's before hand though.

Comment

The actual sport screen isn’t rated for golf balls I don’t believe...only hockey pucks and lacrosse balls.

Comment

They are actually selling it specifically for golf through these guys.

Originally posted by LORO46 View Post
          The actual sport screen isn’t rated for golf balls I don’t believe...only hockey pucks and lacrosse balls.

Comment

This is what I don't understand. I'm not the biggest baddest ball striker on the planet, nor am I putting that ball in the same spot each time. My thought might be that i was too close... 9 feet

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              They are supposed to have a warranty, if it hasn't expired, you may want to try that route for a replacement. The fact that you have an impact screen should be reducing it enough. One thing though, I found that archery netting puckers/indents more than other screens i have tried. I had a sportscreen for a short time with the direct from mill screen and didn't notice anything like you are showing. More than likely due to my lack of ball speed. I can only get into the low 140's.

• SkeetShooter
              SkeetShooter commented
              Editing a comment
              highest registered ball speed was 155 but we all know ST has issues in its current state in measuring high ball speed. I was only carrying like 250 on those shots.

• Rockstar1974
              Rockstar1974 commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to use an impact screen in front of the sport screen. I have an impact screen in front of my sport screen and still have a giant hole in the sport screen where I hit most of my shots. I did see this on the sportscreen website "**SportScreens are not guaranteed against golf balls, a hard drive can damage the mesh. Must be used with an impact screen (purchased separately) I never thought of putting in a warranty request.

I did something with my 3 wood. Hit a worm burner and went under the impact screen into the sports screen netting underneath. Ball hit right at the seam and went through.

At that time had a sports screen with supertex impact screen and the sports screen was getting worn badly by balls hit by the driver.

Sports screen was nice enough to send me a new screen since it was only 2 mo old.

I updated my setup to now have the sports screen with the supertex screen and now the factory Mill screen in front. There is now very little wear and tear on the sport screen with having three layers. I was worried about the weights of all the screens overwhelming the motor of the sports screen but doesn't look like it stresses that at all.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

• SkeetShooter
              SkeetShooter commented
              Editing a comment
              i've contacted them and will see what they say. I have only used this set up 3 times in the last 2 months.

Ive also noticed that with my set up. I get a fair amount of ball hop off of the screen. Wedge shots almost always ride up and pop off the to then hit the ceiling.

Comment

That one has an impact screen connected to it, which is more stout than archery netting.

Comment

• SkeetShooter
                SkeetShooter commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not entirely sure that an impact screen is more stout than archery netting.
            Working...
            X