Black or white screen backing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black or white screen backing?

Almost have my sim complete. Screen is up but wanted to put the backing material in place as well. Based on advice here will be using archery netting and foam mattress. One thing there seems to be conflicting views on is using a black or white sheet behind the screen for improving image quality. I have a Carl’s preferred screen. Any advice one way or the other?

Hello,
    White is my advice. I have black net behind my screen and had to add a white sheet between net and screen. Image was not good and black net was clearly visible behind the screen.

Plus, white will bring more bright to your image.

Comment

White for sure. I wouldn't even think black.

Comment

Hmmm,
        I have a Carls's standard screen and started with a white painters tarp behind it. After a little experimenting with the bleed through, a dark cloth behind made the picture appear much more vivid.

Comment

For sure, adding black can really help if your room has ambient light or your projector has weak black levels. That's why gray screens were invented.

In a bright room given enough lumens an actual black screen will really pop compared to a white screen.

Comment

Yes, I tried white backing but black was definitely better for my set up

Comment

Working...
            X