One screen for both golf simulator and home theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One screen for both golf simulator and home theater

I'm thinking about using the same screen and enclosure setup for both golf simulator and home theater. I'm looking for a screen size of roughly 9'x16'. I'm open to investing up to $5k in a good 4k projector. I'm also open to investing about $5k in a good screen and enclosure setup that allows 4k quality picture for both golf and movies. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

I have a GC2 right now with a NetReturn setup. I'll continue with the GC2.

10 grand? Just buy 2 screens. Otherwise you will have a beautiful 4K image ruined by imprints from a golf ball

Comment

Originally posted by mikestuewe View Post
      10 grand? Just buy 2 screens. Otherwise you will have a beautiful 4K image ruined by imprints from a golf ball
      I was thinking the same. Have a movie screen that retracts from the ceiling. Pull it down in front of the golf screen when you want to watch a movie. Retract it back up when you want to play golf. I don't think there's any golf impact screens that can fully replicate the image you'll get with a dedicated movie screen. Different material that is necessary for absorbing a golf ball hit into it.

Comment

Thank you both for your comments! That is definitely an option. Is Carl's Place's Premium Impact screen good for watching movies and TV? If so, I can just use new balls and a different set of clubs for my simulator to make sure no dirt gets on the screen.

Comment

• 3on3putt
          3on3putt commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're wanting to get the best picture possible for movies, you just won't get it on any golf screen. Golf screens are just made different from the dedicated movie projector screens. Regardless of dirt or waves, the material itself is just different and will sacrifice some of that image quality. That's why 2 screens is the way to go in your situation.

Not dirt, wavy lines in the screen developed over time from impact

Comment

I would second the two screen idea, a projector with a preset memory function would also be required, but for your budget that should not be a issue.

Comment

Working...
          X