Impact Screen Recommendation Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact Screen Recommendation Needed

I'm looking for a recommendation from the community on the best impact projector screen available on the market. Based on my reviews of the forums I think I've narrowed it down to the Carl's Premium and Par2Pro SQ.

The screen will be used predominantly for golf simulation, but occasionally for streaming of movies and sports. Trying to determine which one provides the best combination of picture quality, durability, quiet impact, minimal bounce back with tight/smooth appearance, etc.

Any other suppliers to consider?
    Anyone have experience with both the Carl's Premium and Par2Pro SQ, and would recommend one over the other?

If anyone knows of a Youtube video or has a video of their own that showcases either or both screens in use that would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, I intend to mount the screen using angle iron that will be attached to my walls and ceiling. To determine the screen size, how much space should I allow for between the angle iron and screen in order to properly tighten the screen? 2", 6", 10", other? My screen enclosure area is 177"W x 113"H.

Thanks in advance for any help/recommendations.

I had the Carls premium and just installed the Par2pro SQ. The SQ is better in my opinion. graphics are slightly sharper and much less indentions on screen after ball strike. Plus PAr2pro offers lifetime warranty and discounts on repurchases after normal wear and tear.

Comment

I would go with Par2pro. They will also help answer the questions that you have to ensure you get what you want/need. I also believe that they have a PDF instruction sheet that they could send you as well (aI believe it might be in their online store somewhere).

Comment

I’m looking at the same 2 screens but I’m looking for dedicated sim only. I was going back and forth between the two and I was leaning towards Carl’s. Picture quality and low sound are my primary decision makers. I don’t think you can go wrong with any one of them.

Comment

Carls was definitely louder from my experience. Image is sharper with SQ screen. I will say that Par2pro made the screen better to fit my space and both companies had the same dimension's of my SIM room. Carls screen was a little too big so it did not pull as tight as SQ screen. The bounce back on SQ screen is more which could be a direct result of a tighter screen. Pros and cons in both.

Comment

That's great to know. I will take to par2pro as well.

Comment

Working...
            X