No announcement yet.

Enclosure material, shank proof needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosure material, shank proof needed.

What are some material choices for the sides and top of an enclosure? I do need something that can resist shanks, since I will be teaching my 3 sons how to play. And who's kidding who, I hit wayward shots once and a while. I currently use that material you see in chain links fences for privacy, but a few have shot right through it.

Looking at 4' depth, 9' height, and 10' wide options.

Thanks for the help.

PeaksTarps.com
    They do not market themselves as a golf company. They have a little reference to it on their site. For more custom stuff you want you may reach out to them too. They will confirm your order before they work on it. I was a bit of a newby when I had them help me last month. They did a perfect Baffle and Valience and can add more. Attached velcrow so my top and sides velcrow together. Great prices too. Ask for Gromets and Velcrow where you need it.

I ordered the standard 4'6 size material and it works for my 4 ft deep enclosure.
    Last edited by Needsmoreeagles; 02-18-2021, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I use mesh tarps from Harbor Freight for the right side and top.

Comment

I have seen people use netting for the tops and sides. Ideally, I would have used that as I have a popup net I used to put in the back yard and it lasted for years. Only because it looks better, I opted for a heavy duty, outdoor awning material. It has taken a few hard shanks and not let one through yet. I got my first roll at Joann Fabric and used a 50% discount coupon I got on the on the internet which cut the price from $24 to $12 a yard (at 60 inches wide). I needed some more to finish the top and I found a fabric outlet which had everything you could imagine (including heavy curtains) that had the same stuff for $9 / yard. You can see my setup at https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...imulator-build.

Comment

Working...
        X