Sportscreen bunching up in middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportscreen bunching up in middle

I just installed the 16’ sportscreen in my garage last night and one I got the backing on (black screen) and rolled it up to test it it started to bunch up fairly significantly in the middle by the time there was about 6 feet left to roll up.

Has anyone has this issue before and solved it? I’m worried about putting the impact screen on there yet in case it also bunches and gets damaged.

How tight or not tight do you pull the black screen as you watch the Velcro?

The problem is that the 16 footer bows in the middle due to the weight, I don’t think there’s much you can do, I have the 10 fr aportscreen and have no problems

maybe get two or three people and roll it up slowly while holding the impact screen taught to avoid the dip in the middle for the first couple of turns

Comment

• Hacker1
      Hacker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Canadianbomber Hi i have the 10ft screen an get a very slight bow (about 3/4 inch) is that normal? It doesn't affect the rolling of the screen at all. Also I seem to get a bit of an intermittent squeaking noise as it rolls down but not up? Again is this normal.

#Canadianbomber's advice is what I did as well. Once the middle and bottom bars were in place to weigh it down, there were no more issues with bunching.

Installation Installing The SportScreen should be a quick & easy experience. We’ve included installation videos and user guides for your reference. Please see below. Hand Crank Installation Video Remote Controlled Installation Video Versatile

Comment

Working...
    X