New Build Impact Screen / Mat / Skytrak Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Impact Screen / Mat / Skytrak Problems

I recently finished my build, took about 2 months.
    My current setup is...
    Skytrak
    Communicating w IPhone / pad
    To Epson 2045
    Room dimension
    10'W x 19'L x 13'H
    I LOVE IT... But am having some problems and even more problems trying to figure them out..

Every shot seems to be more left then it should....my real life miss is right. I'm sure some will think it's because I'm not centered in the room and my width is tight, may be the case. But sometimes I think it's because I have a height issue, I went with the country club elite mat which is very thick. But it's sits on top of my pre existing 9' x 16' putting green, which is high end turf over a sturdy wood substructure that is filled with poly-metric sand. The contours of the putting green are creating a few problems.

1. The country club elite slides around on top of existing turf, I would cut out a 5' x 5' section ... But fairly certain it wouldn't work out well because of the difference in heights between the two turfs. Down the road I want to be able to do course play and I want the putting to be seamless with mat.
    2. The skytrak unless on the mat is substantially lower then mat, and not sure if numbers or flight directions are being throw off due the mat not being dead level.

My enclosure is 1 1/4 furniture grade black PVC, I have 4 panels sewn into one with archery panels on front and top panels and regular 1" webbed netting on sides. My PR-20 Impact screen is not stitched in West Coast netting sewed a "channel" on the top of impact screen so a rope can pass through and be fastened on each side. Problem is no matter how tight I tie it, it eventually sags and the impact screen looks wavy. I got the sides of PR-20's edges better, they have female Velcro by sticking male Velcro the entire length ( on the outside of webbed side panels ). But the top of is still wavy...I was thinking to how to fix this by sending a 3/8" threaded rod through channel and connecting to turnbuckle and eye hooks either on walls / enclosure structure. But will having something that rigid and hard be risky for a dangerously epic bounce back ? I wish I could do it safer but don't love the idea of grommets or lots of tension.

I think cutting into your subfloor/putting surface would be better. If the CCE is shorter, you can just put something under to raise it to the correct level. If it's taller, it probably wont effect the put that much dropping down to the other surface. I'm guessing the drop wouldn't be that big. If your mat is moving around during the swing, it could be affecting the readings. If your unit is not on the mat, then it should be raised to the same height and then the unit should be leveled itself.

For your PR20, you can just use steel cable and turnbuckles? I have my PR20 and a net behind it hanging from a steel cable with turnbuckles and there is no sagging. I think you want whatever your are going to thread through the channel to be as small as possible.

Comment

I am starting my build this weekend. I also already have CCE mats that I plan to use. My current plan is to cut a section out of the putting turf and embed the mats. I have already purchased carpet shims (1/2 X 32 X 8) to aid in the transition. I already thought bout the skytrak sitting lower and i plan to use a 1/2" to 1" plywood between the mat and beginning of the carpet shim.

I haven't yet pull up the carpet to see how many layers of subfloor I have and if sinking the mats further is possible.

As for your mats moving around.....just nail or screw them through the existing turf. You will never know.

Comment

Working...
      X