Weight of CCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of CCE?

I am in the process of building a garage simulator, I ordered the 5x5 CCE from Costco. Should be here in about a week or so, right around the time my GC2 arrives. Does anyone know how much this mat weighs? I am just curious if I will need to frame the mat out, or will it be heavy enough to just hit off my concrete floor and not have to worry about movement?

45 lbs is what I believe I remember the shipping tag saying on my CCE

Comment

The mat will move.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

The mat will slide around a bit on a concrete floor. That is not a big deal if you have some method to keep the LM orientation constant with relation to the mat. In my case I have a GC2 and a 5x5 CCE mat. The LM is held in relationship with the mat by using a small strip of CCE mat with a 3/4 inch square tubing glued to it's end. This is held in place by magnets glued to the side of the large mat.. This keeps the relationship between mat and LM constant. This is important since you tend to line up with the mat and if it's relationship with the LM dictates the azimuth computed by the LM.. Using a small strip of CCE mat to seat the LM also keeps the LM at the perfect height relationship with the mat.

You can fasten the mat to the floor if you want but the fastening method gets in the way if you are using the garage for something else. In my case I just painted a white line across floor in front of the mat. Using this line it is easy to see if the mat has moved and a kick or two gets in back straight. Since the LM is attached to the mat everything is always aligned.

If you must have an attachment to the floor then I'd recommend some threaded concrete anchors drilled in flush with the floor so you can remove the frame if you want to use the floor for something else.without having protrusions from the floor. I had some angle iron glued to the floor at the corners to hold the mat in place but they became a PITA when working on anything in the middle of the garage.

Comment

The mat will definitely move. I have my whole SkyTrak setup in an extra bedroom that has real hardwood floors...it definitely moved on those. Then I bought a 45lb piece of rubber mat made for horse stalls thinking that would cure it. It did not cure the problem when I'm swinging the big stick around with all this 215lbs of mass and beauty genetics have given me ..... but it did calm the sliding down quiet a bit. So I believe I am gonna use a couple of 2"x4" pieces of adhesive Velcro on the two of the corners from CCE to stall mat acts my problem should be solved. On a side note: I do like the CCE better sitting on the 1/2" thick rubber mat ...maybe it takes a touch more shock out of the shots.

Comment

Working...
          X