Calling all Truestrike owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Truestrike owners!

My current range mat (cheap old thing) is punishing my knuckles when hitting iron shots. It's just a matter of time before I get carpal tunnel syndrome... not good....

So I need a new mat. Since I'm based in the UK the Real Feel and Fibrebuilt mats carry a large shipping fee plus import taxes to the UK as I can only get them from the States.

So I'm looking at Truestrike as they are a UK company as far as I know. I'm looking at the TS302 MK7.

What are people's experiences with these mats? Does the gel section last that long in them? Will my hands be injury-free?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Chris

I cannot tell you about the longevity because I recently switched to a truestrike. I can tell you I love it and I no longer have any kind of pain from long sessions or bad swings. I can also hit clean woods off the mat with no distance issues. Also note, the gel section (and other pieces) are replaceable so items can be replaced as needed without purchasing everything again. Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks bw. I presume you can arrange the interlocking sections in any order? The reason I ask is because I have a gc2 and I don't want to have to move it around all the time when I'm alternating between drives and irons. I was thinking of placing the hitting strip as far away as possible so as to allow the gc2 to remain stationary. Then I can hit all my shots off of the gel section, using tomahawk tees for drives of course...

Comment

• BWJones
        BWJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you can arrange them in any order. I have the "Single" Model and have 3 range sections and the gel section at the end. I can hit driver, wedges, and putts and do not move anything.

Hi Chris,

I'm in the U.k based in Berkshire, I have 2 fiberbuilt 30cmx120cm panels (same as the one pictured below) thinking I would be able to have right and left handed but due to space limitations it's not feasible so I only use one of the panels. If you don't go for a truestrike mat I'd happily sell you my spare fiberbuilt panel.

Comment

• Tommyseb
        Tommyseb commented
        Editing a comment
        Also I have 2 country club elite mats of similar size to the fiberbuilt, I think they're the same as the real feel but not 100% sure, I wouldn't however recommend these if you suffer from carpel tunnel, I suffered from golfers elbow from using the country club elite, but since switching to the fiberbuilt I've had no elbow or wrist issues.

I have a true strike mat and have been beating on it for 2 years. Still good as new and hands and elbows feel great!

Cant go wrong with a true strike mat!

Comment

Can you place the ST directly on the true strike mat?

Comment

No, not on mine. Impact strip too narrow and would vibrate anyway. I use the plastic case with feet at near maximum height to get it level with the ball. Cannot use the ball-holding section with my truestrike and skytrak. But more comfortable than country club elite.

Comment

Working...
          X