Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

Has anyone tried this mat? Looks cool but can't find it in North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried this mat? Looks cool but can't find it in North America

I've been researching mats to death, and have basically decided that I need to get all of them LOL. I bought a CCE strip, a Fiberbuilt flight deck is on its way, and I'm sourcing materials for DIY TrueStrike and DIY DivotAction... heck, eventually I might even try the DIY MagStrike

All this and I haven't even moved in to my new house yet!! This site is so addictive that I can't wait to get started on the SIM that I'll be building three seconds after I move in...

Anyway, back to my original question... There's a Chinese golf mat company and a couple of their products look really interesting... I was wondering if anyone has tried them.

YGT-T35 golf mat, and the YGT-3D mat (which looks really cool IMO)

http://www.yuhegolfmats.com.cn/produ...tting_Mat.html

It looks like you can get a 5' x 5' mat for $200 USD, but I don't know about shipping... it would probably cost a fortune

Re http://www.yuhegolfmats.com.cn/product/62516931040-806012725/YGT_DIY_Driving_Range_golf_3D_practice_mat.html
    I ordered my '3D mat' off Steven a few weeks ago, not due to arrive from China until next week. I saw the local Flightscope guy selling (and recommending) them, but his margin was too high so I sourced myself. I needed something that would be more forgiving on my wrists after too many months of punishment with traditional mat. Will let you know how I go once it arrives. (PS: just be aware I had to split the mat into 2 pieces to reduce shipping costs - will re-join here once arrives - pretty easy).

Comment

That s what Steven was suggesting. What size did you go for and how much was the cost for the mat and for carriage ?
      thanks

Comment

I have the 3D mat from Steven but only for a hitting strip. I tried it for a week but went back to my fiberbuilt strip afterwards. I found the 3D mat too thin and felt as if i was hitting all the way through it. I think adding some more rubber matting underneath it would make it much better and may try that; especially now i have some time on my hands whilst under lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Patator100 View Post
          That s what Steven was suggesting. What size did you go for and how much was the cost for the mat and for carriage ?
          thanks
          For me - two mats of 125cm x 60cm are fine. Will join to get a 125cm x 120cm mat which I can use driver off too. Shipping (to New Zealand) is never cheap (USD$108) - but overall solution still cheaper and better than other quality alternatives (the 2 mats were $150 total).

Comment

Forget buying from China Virus, The 3D mat is the same or very similar to the Quattro Mat sold in the USA by Eagle One. Awesome mat. Maybe one day we can actually make it here too.

Check out the thread in this section, best mat i've ever hit off of, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducati07 View Post
              Forget buying from China Virus, The 3D mat is the same or very similar to the Quattro Mat sold in the USA by Eagle One. Awesome mat. Maybe one day we can actually make it here too.

Check out the thread in this section, best mat i've ever hit off of, wow.
              I suspect the Quattro Mat is made from the same manufacturer in China as the supplier I listed above - so I would rather go direct to supplier. Shipping costs from China to NZ sightly less than USA to NZ too.

Comment

I suspect the Quattro is the Chinese mat. Can't tell for certain, but the pictures look identical. I bought hitting strips of several of the Chinese mats and the 3D felt pretty awesome.

Comment

My two '3D mats' arrived today - just in time to beat lock-down! They are awesome - feel sturdy, and importantly, seem gentle on wrists & forearms. Really happy I got these (2 pics attached).

Comment

Hi Aceman

Can you take a picture where you've joined the mats ? I have a quote from Steven for 3 mats of 120x60 (225USD) but he does not know how to make sure that the 3 parts will "stick" together apart from a rubber base (but where to buy it from???)

Have you tried to put off the mat. I read it was not really good for putting...

THANKS
                    pat

Comment

Yepper!

I believe they are the same mat as the Quattro.

Fantastic mat at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Patator100 View Post
                        Hi Aceman

Can you take a picture where you've joined the mats ? I have a quote from Steven for 3 mats of 120x60 (225USD) but he does not know how to make sure that the 3 parts will "stick" together apart from a rubber base (but where to buy it from???)

Have you tried to put off the mat. I read it was not really good for putting...

THANKS
                        pat
                        Sure - see attached. Nothing fancy - just flipped the 2 mats over to the rubber bottom side, and joined them together with a one strip of wide carpet tape from the local hardware store (Duct tape would probably be fine too). You can obviously still see a small seam down the middle, but from a functionality perspective it makes no difference - just plays like one big mat.

Re putting, I don't use it for that as I have another dedicated putting strip beside the main net. You can putt off the 3D mat, but the speed is much slower than a normal green.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi
                          thanks for the pictures and the comments. It looks really good and it should not move with the tape I guess
                          it s 500$ difference with the equivalent buying a true strike academy 7....

Comment

Working...
                          X