DivotAction Mat Insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivotAction Mat Insert

Does anybody have any opinions on the 12"x18" DivotAction insert vs the 12"x24"? I have a 5'x5' mat that I got used for $20 from a local driving range that I will drop the insert into. I am using a Skytrak, so my hitting position is pretty much fixed which is why I'm thinking the 18" will be fine. The only thing I can think of would be that the 24" might flex more, but that's probably not reality. Thoughts?

I use 12x18 that is 3/16" thick. It doesn't bow down on its own like a thinner piece from HD/Lowes would. If it's longer it should flex more with less force. You can see my setup below. The top of the stance platform has been changed out to a putting turf.
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...itting-station

Comment

I use the 12x18 divotaction mat. I think it is fine. the only thing is, if you have friends who, or personally, tend to hit fat at times, then the club might catch the rear edge. I had 2 people do that a couple times each person. the last time, the edge lifted up.

Comment

• Jard
        Jard commented
        Editing a comment
        After about 5 months we destroyed both edges of ours, but that's due to user error. I have some beginners in the house. I just ordered another fairway and a first cut, because I do really like hitting from them.

I made a divotAction insert. Used 12 x 24 plexiglass also used 36 x 36 about 3/8 thick inch rubber foam door mat. Used out door carpet $10.95 a linear foot cost, it was 6 foot roll so could get 3 pieces all from Home Depot. Cut door mat to 12 x 24 glued this to plexiglass with Permatex body shop heavy duty headliner & carpet adhesive in spray can expensive put works great. Used same glue for carpet glued on to floor mat. I picked up a 1ft by 1ft x2 inch thick foam pad for under neath. Front and back foam cut 12 inch long to height needed to get height needed for insert. The insert works good, don’t know how long it will last used about 6 wks. You can regulate the amount of bend or flex in insert by the foam used in center of insert, one small piece on each side or two each side. Firm up every how you like it to feel.

Comment

Working...
      X