Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polypropylene vs. Nylon Golf Mats (Bright Light vs. CCE vs. Rawhide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polypropylene vs. Nylon Golf Mats (Bright Light vs. CCE vs. Rawhide)

Hi,

Generally, what're people's thoughts / experience on polypropylene vs. nylon golf mats? I only care about ball striking (e.g., wedges, irons, woods) vs. putting.

Specifically, I'm currently considering one of the following 3 mats:

1) BrightLight's Top Range Country Club mat - 6-6 Nylon (https://www.brightlightgolf.com/country-club-tee-up-mat)
    2) CCE - Nylon (https://www.costco.com/Country-Club-...100034931.html)
    3) Rawhide Golf's "Grade A" reconditioned mat - Polypropylene (https://rawhidegolfball.com/product/golf-mat/)

Has anyone had experience with all 3 mats? Or at least the CCE and one of the other mats?
    Initial impressions:
    • All 3 mats have thick turf that you can stick a real tee into
    • Rawhide's price at less than 1/2 of the other two is very attractive and they have a lot of positive reviews
    • I've hit on the BrightLight mat at a local golf course - it's fantastic
    Interested to hear what people have to say.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Lamar Young

Does “anyone” like the CCE mats?? They are one of the more expensive but yet I don’t see how they stay in business based on the feedback from this forum. Lol! I am what appears to be the “unfortunate” owner of a 5x10 CCE mat who is still awaiting my sim room to be completed before I get to experience all the pain that is yet to come.
    I've been hitting of a cce mat for about a year now and I like it quite a bit. I'm always surprised to read how many dislike it here. I just can't relate.

I like the way it punishes fat shots and rewards a decending strike and I like that I can stick tees in it.

Comment

Speaking for myself here. I am an inconsistent swinger and often hit fat shots. The CCE is "too" punishing on those. I had it sitting on top of a slab concrete floor and the result of numerous fat shots == joint pain.

If you are a consistent swinger, or you have a softer subflooring, or you tend to swing shallow then you probably won't mind it.

Comment

Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
        Speaking for myself here. I am an inconsistent swinger and often hit fat shots. The CCE is "too" punishing on those. I had it sitting on top of a slab concrete floor and the result of numerous fat shots == joint pain.

If you are a consistent swinger, or you have a softer subflooring, or you tend to swing shallow then you probably won't mind it.
        I think that's a fair point of view and a lot of people here seem to go that direction. My experience was reversed. I started with a DIY divot action mat but I found it difficult to feel the bottom of my swing. It didn't provide enough feedback and made making adjustments difficult. For me this seemed to lead to more fat shots and to me fat shots on the DA style mat are worse. With the CCE, the dense layer of fibers and the rubber mat provide more cushion than the DA. There's very little cushioning material between the club-head and floor when the DA bottoms out so it's much more of a slam.

Comment

So I have the four by one fiberbuilt and I should just cut and Trace around it with that knife on the right side of it? Also my preference is to putt on the country club Elite any recommendations on how to align it to Center to get the best of both worlds to head off the fiberbuilt but putt off the country club Elite?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_092627.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	178496

Comment

Solstice72 I read a post from someone who had done that... I'll try to find it for you. The idea is simple enough.. Insert the FB so that the lower edge is about 1/2 way into the GC2's read area. Tight fit but doable. You'd have to beware of height differences though

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok thanks and if you come across that other post let me know
          Working...
          X