Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12x24 Divot Action insert - turf worn out ... any recommendations on replacement turf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12x24 Divot Action insert - turf worn out ... any recommendations on replacement turf

I have 12x24" Divot Action insert. Like many on here, my turf is worn out (divot channel through the middle) - but the Lexan seems fine. I seem to be able to peel the turf right off if I wanted to, and reuse the Lexan (mine is a newer design I think and use spring clips in the middle for support so I wold like to reuse the Lexan).

Anyone have recommendations on a place I can buy some good turf to stick to the Lexan so I have a level hitting surface. Don't care about putting - just ball striking.

Thanks!

Buy a Synlawn Precision Putt remnant if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by cooke23 View Post
      Thank you -- I called my local distributor, but the seemed uninterested and have not called me back.

I found this on the Walmart site and ordered it (I can always just take it back if it looks like it will not work). But at 2' x 4' for $16 -- I could make 4 new 2' strips. I figured it was worth a shot.

Comment

Hey all -- just wanted to update everyone if case anyone else is looking for turf for a DIY Divot Action replacement or refurb.

I bought the turf from Walmart -- but it was ill-suited for the application (the pile was way longer than pictured) and I took it back for a refund.

I think bought some SynLawn SynGreen from Lowes. It was $50 (plus tax) shipped for a 1 x 15' roll. The roll is actually about 15" wide, and turf looks like it will work great for the purpose. I peeled off what was left of the turn on my Divot Action (it came off with some elbow grease pretty easily). Mine is a later model so it has spring clips for support. They are fastened with pop rivots which are a bit high on the turn side, so I trimmed them down some before I applied the new turf. I used DAP contact cement to apply the new strip of turf - used an oversized piece of turf -- let it dry over night - and trimmed it down. I am pretty happy with the result.

I have not hit off it yet (will tonight) but it was pretty easy overall. I plan to buy some more plexi (maybe one notch thicker) and use the remaining turf to make more.

Hopefully this helps someone down the road.

Link to the turf: https://www.lowes.com/pd/SYNLawn-SYN...Grass/50338050

Comment

Originally posted by cooke23 View Post
          I did get a call back on the Precision Putt remnant -- they wanted $150 for a pretty big piece (which was more than I wanted to spend) and it required a long drive.

Do you know how SynLawn's SynGreen and Precision Putt turfs might differ?

Comment

One final follow up -- after a week with my turf, its great. The turf works well - and does not leave residue on my clubs. It seems to hold up well, and I have had no issues with the contact cement as an adhesive in terms of grip and hold.

The cement does off gas a lot as it cures, and when you hit the mat, it off gasses more (i.e, you smell it). But now a week later is seems to be 100% cured with little to no odor remaining.

I would highly recommend using the SynLawn SynGreen turf from Lowes.com as a low cost resurfacing turf.

Comment

Thx for the follow up. I have the same problem with my turf. I don't see the turf online at Lowe's any longer. Did you find it at the store or online??

Comment

Originally posted by rich View Post
                Thx for the follow up. I have the same problem with my turf. I don't see the turf online at Lowe's any longer. Did you find it at the store or online??
                Well -- that not fun. I don't have any other recommendation. I bought the turf online and it shipped as a 1' by 15' roll - and its plenty for my needs for the future.

I hope you find a good alternative. Please keep us updated!

Edit: I did see the Lowe's site recommended this product. Maybe it is a good alternative. The price is certainly right.

Last edited by qwiklap; 05-15-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X