Covering around the mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering around the mat

hello everyone, I finalize my SIM, I would like to know what type of coverings you used around the carpet. Carpeting, Synthetic grass? Do you have some links

I have my hitting deck (Fiberbuilt, love it) and then I bought some cheap astroturf and carpet pad (Lowes, Menards) to fill the area to the screen. The padding helps keep the ball from bouncing around off the screen and the astroturf was cheap and kind of golf-ish looking. Works great. I also took a section of carpet pad as wide as my screen and about 6 feet long and rolled it into a medium tight roll and wrapped it in a sheet , it makes a great "bumper" at the bottom of the screen to absorb topped shots and protect the bottom PVC + pipe insulation frame piece.

Comment

Originally posted by trhuke
      I have my hitting deck (Fiberbuilt, love it) and then I bought some cheap astroturf and carpet pad (Lowes, Menards) to fill the area to the screen. The padding helps keep the ball from bouncing around off the screen and the astroturf was cheap and kind of golf-ish looking. Works great. I also took a section of carpet pad as wide as my screen and about 6 feet long and rolled it into a medium tight roll and wrapped it in a sheet , it makes a great "bumper" at the bottom of the screen to absorb topped shots and protect the bottom PVC + pipe insulation frame piece.
      Thanks for your help, do you have a picture of your SIM

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_171426.jpg
Views:	2001
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	188533 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_172156.jpg
Views:	1916
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	188535 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_172111.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	188534 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_171316-1-2.jpg
Views:	1976
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	188532
        I have wood barn floor, then interlocking rubber tiles for insulation, then green shag carpet in front of impact screen .. looks like rough and kills balls as they drop and same carpeting behind hitting mat to tie the room together. Not sure why pics are sideways but im assuming you can see.
        The carpets come in various sizes from amazon:
        Unique Loom Solo Solid Shag Collection Modern Plush Grass Green Area Rug (8' x 10') 107 dollars ... I bought 2

Comment

• Trickle007
          Trickle007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the dogs mate..... mans best friend right there.

I use something very similar to this but I found mine cheaper on amazon
        Floor indoor soccer, field hockey or lacrosse fields in a breeze with our interlocking Turf Tiles. Providing a shock absorbent, spike resistant floor, these tiles can be removed and stored easily.

Comment

Thanks it gives me ideas

Last edited by Randwik; 02-23-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I just went with mid range 30mm thick artificial grass surrounding my hitting mat,

Not 100% sure where I got it from or if it will help as I am UK based but I think it's this

Comment

• Lynchdpm
              Lynchdpm commented
              Editing a comment
              WOW. what an awesome setup! Looks like a massive room. Unfortunately I only have a 10 feet wide room but at least I was able to put something together. Yours is really well done. Congrats

• simmb
              simmb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. Took a long time to build it's still not 100% finished but as soon as it was usable work progress seemed to slow down.

After pricing out various options I decided to go with commercial carpet I found in remnant section at a local carpet store. I originally was wanting to use turf and called Synlawn installers in Chicago, St Louis, Indianapolis and KC. Their prices were very high. Lowes sells a specific version of Synlawn and it looked nice but again price was more than I wanted to spend. I have less than $400 in the 12X14 piece of carpet and that is after taking it to a local guy who bound the edges for me so it doesn't come loose. I cut a hole in the carpet and rubber mat sub floor in which I put my hitting/stance mat to make things as flush as possible for putting.

Comment

• Ericft
              Ericft commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have pictures of your setup? What hitting /stance mat did you get?

I have my sim in my garage which I have to take down when not using so I can park my cars. I have foam exercise tiles that are left in place in front of where my hitting mat is set up. Reduces bouncing after shots. Works pretty well and a reasonably cheap solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynchdpm View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_171426.jpg
Views:	2001
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	188533 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_172156.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	188535 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_172111.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	188534 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_171316-1-2.jpg
Views:	1976
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	188532
              I have wood barn floor, then interlocking rubber tiles for insulation, then green shag carpet in front of impact screen .. looks like rough and kills balls as they drop and same carpeting behind hitting mat to tie the room together. Not sure why pics are sideways but im assuming you can see.
              The carpets come in various sizes from amazon:
              Unique Loom Solo Solid Shag Collection Modern Plush Grass Green Area Rug (8' x 10') 107 dollars ... I bought 2
              I had a ridgeback....love them!!!

Comment

• Lynchdpm
                Lynchdpm commented
                Editing a comment
                He's (Diesel) is a gentle giant...175 lbs. Problem is, he wont lay on the couch... he prefers the carpet in front of my impact screen.. lol

Originally posted by blitz12 View Post
              I have my sim in my garage which I have to take down when not using so I can park my cars. I have foam exercise tiles that are left in place in front of where my hitting mat is set up. Reduces bouncing after shots. Works pretty well and a reasonably cheap solution.
              do you park on top of the foam exercise tiles? i'm planning my phase 2 build right now for the garage. I don't park inside often but would like to retain the ability to do so when necessary. i have some 1/2" thick EVA tiles from amazon and curious about how they hold up to weight.

thinking about getting more vs. 3/4 inch rubber horse stall mats from tractor supply. Planning to get putting green turf to layer over the foam/rubber mat subfloor across the entire garage stall.

Comment

HeelMD The front tires of my car will roll on them from time to time. There is a small indentation but no major damage. I do not have heavy duty tiles.

Comment

Our Ridgeback weighed around 145. He was a gentle giant too, but he thought he was a lap dog because he cuddled with me on my couch all the time. Basically thought he was a human. Such great dogs!!

Comment

Working...
                  X