Looking for best solution for the divot feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for best solution for the divot feeling

I have had a CCE mat for around 3 years and now I'm looking for the best divot feel mat or system.

I like the CCE for most practice sessions but really struggle with short game and need something which gives better feedback with the wedges and chips.

I'm in New Zealand so have limited options here, have been looking and would like some opinions on the FairwayPro Divot.

thanks in advance

Maybe a divot action and if it's not available, it can easily be made by yourself with a piece of 3/16" lexan and an inexpensive mat.

Comment

I tried making my own DivotAction because I needed an insert that is 10"x30" which they do not make. Perhaps I was using lexan that was too thin (found at home depot) but I would manage to crack it within a month... after about the 3rd time making one I gave up..too much effort.

While it lasted it worked great but I just broke down and bought a Fiberbuilt. It punishes fat shots enough so that you lose quite a bit of distance. Honestly you won't be able to recreate taking a foot gash of grass on any artificial turf but its enough to know you hit it poorly.

Comment

I have the sklz glide pad and it’s the closest thing to the feel of a real divot I could find

Comment

Yeah, you cannot use the HD or Lowes stuff, it's no where near thick enough.

Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
          I tried making my own DivotAction because I needed an insert that is 10"x30" which they do not make. Perhaps I was using lexan that was too thin (found at home depot) but I would manage to crack it within a month... after about the 3rd time making one I gave up..too much effort.

While it lasted it worked great but I just broke down and bought a Fiberbuilt. It punishes fat shots enough so that you lose quite a bit of distance. Honestly you won't be able to recreate taking a foot gash of grass on any artificial turf but its enough to know you hit it poorly.

Comment

You can hit down into the Fiberbuilt and you'll lose distance but it won't blow up your wrists or arms. I couldn't do that with the CCE mat I had.

Comment

I am partial to the true strike. Have had the CCE and had I believe that my shoulder surgery was the result of the CCE. Then I got fiberbuilt panels and they are nice but seemed to fluffy to me as I play in the PNW where the ground is either hard or wet. True strike seems more natural to me. I can hit down with wedges just like on the course with no issues. The grass top may wear out after a couple of years but it’s under 100 to replace. Which I’m doing now after 2yrs. The gel bag shows no sign of use as it’s covered in a high strength fabric of some sort.

Comment

Working...
              X