Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

High Definition Golf Simulator Turf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Definition Golf Simulator Turf

Hey guys, I’m building an HD Golf Simulator, I have manufacturers cameras, curtains and hitting mats. Just not the original turf for the perimeter.

I was recently notified that the infrared cameras from HD are very particular with different types of turf? Hoping to buy local and not pay 8$ square foot from the manufacturer.

Does anybody know the proper type to purchase? I was told Nylon as well would work. But manufacturer is asking me to send carpet samples up so they can test, unfortunately we’re trying to get this indoor facility open and save some time.

Thanks

Curious to know if you came up with a solution. I’m moving my HD Golf Simulator from one house to another and hoping to avoid shipping carpet from Canada.

Comment

I bought a 27x15' from turf factory direct. 2.25 a sq foot, only $100 for residential shipping. I got samples from synlawn, etc. This stuff is almost just as good for half the price.

Comment

• brg1875
        brg1875 commented
        Editing a comment
        What type of turf did you get from them and how is it holding up?

And it can be used with HD golf cameras without any trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by shwag33 View Post
        I bought a 27x15' from turf factory direct. 2.25 a sq foot, only $100 for residential shipping. I got samples from synlawn, etc. This stuff is almost just as good for half the price.
        I got the TFD Putting Elite. If you're just looking to do the room it's great. I made my hitting area 12"x21" out of it, the gel pad, and some plastic sheeting. It worked well for a while,, but eventually the turf started to bubble up a little. I end up replacing the hitting area with something else.

Comment

• brg1875
          brg1875 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good stuff thanks! What did you go with for your hitting strip? I have synlawn precision putt over my gel and it seems to be holding up well.

I was going to get the same synlawn for my new build for the entire putting mat but it's twice as much, might as well save that and put it towards a computer upgrade.

Originally posted by shwag33 View Post

I got the TFD Putting Elite. If you're just looking to do the room it's great. I made my hitting area 12"x21" out of it, the gel pad, and some plastic sheeting. It worked well for a while,, but eventually the turf started to bubble up a little. I end up replacing the hitting area with something else.

I have samples of the synlawn and it looks to be manufactured the same way as Putting Elite, so it may have eventually went as well. I do have a 1/8" piece of plastic under the grass before the gel pad, but the carpet wouldn't stay flat so I glued the carpet to the plastic and screwed the plastic to a wood base below the gel pad. There was some brutal swings taken on my mine by some friends that really tore it up.

Right now I just have a cheapo $15 hitting mat from amazon that I glued to the plastic base. It's a little more forgiving than the setup above, but I kind of like the unforgiving setup.

Comment

Last question, do you think the tfd putting elite will hold up well as the stance mat too? Just want to make sure it's seamless with the exception of the hitting strip.

Comment

Originally posted by brg1875 View Post
            Last question, do you think the tfd putting elite will hold up well as the stance mat too? Just want to make sure it's seamless with the exception of the hitting strip.

Yeah no reason it shouldn't holdup well there.

Comment

Working...
            X