Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiberbuilt strips ---- where can you buy them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberbuilt strips ---- where can you buy them?

I've seen some people have Fiberbuilt hitting strips and am wondering where you all bought them (not talking about the oval-shaped "practice station;" talking about a square or rectangular strip). I saw there was a thread where someone mentioned buying them by calling Fiberbuilt directly. Curiously, there is nothing on Fiberbuilt's website about these strips. All they have listed for sale are the full-sized mats. I don't even see anything on Ebay or Amazon.

Do these strips exist online somewhere or is calling the only way to go?

This is the person I dealt with when I ordered my custom strip with no holes. She was very helpful.

Teresa Logreco

tlogreco@fiberbuilt.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Emailing her now.

It's weird that they don't advertise for these strips. I guess they want everyone to pay 500 bucks for a full size mat. It's like these strips are part of a secret society or something lol. Also weird that you can't even find them secondhand on Ebay. I was hoping to find them online somewhere just to see a product description and what not. I'll see what she has to say. Thanks again.

Comment

Well she was very quick to respond. Unfortunately she said the only sections they now sell are the 3'x1' and 4'x1' sections that are listed on the website. What I am referring to though are the 1'x1' sections that people have mentioned buying for around $60. She said they no longer sell those.

Comment

Interesting...did she say how much the 3x1's are? Do they break apart? Perhaps if 3 people got together who all wanted a 1x1 we could split the cost. I'd be in for that so we would only need 1 more ???

Comment

The 3-foot sections are $250 and the 4-foot sections are $300. They are essentially just 1x1 sections that interlock together. But even though they are already separated I guess you can't buy just one.

Weird because I came across an older thread today where people were saying they were buying them for like 60 bucks for a 1x1 section.

She said they do not recommend hitting off anything that is less than 3 feet. Which seems a little strange considering they sell those little oval-shaped things that are well less than 3 feet. So I'm not sure of the logic there.

She also said:

"They are not meant to be sold by themselves as they need to be secured to something. They have a tendency to bough a bit in the middle due to how they are made. We secure them to a steel frame that straightens them out but also allows the user to interchange them once one divot area start to wear after 300,000 hits."

I'm not totally sure what she's getting at there. Like it has to be 3 feet in length in order to secure it to something? Not real sure what she means. I'm guessing she means the steel frame is 3 feet long (or 4 feet for the 4-foot ones) and they won't cut the frame for you.

I'm nearing the end of my build and still searching for a quality mat option that won't break the bank. I was hoping to buy a strip and attach it to a cheaper mat that I would use just to stand on. But 250 bones for just a strip --- yowza.
            Last edited by 3on3putt; 09-16-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I just bought a 1 x 3 direct from fiberbuilt a few weeks ago for 250.00
              yes all the strips are just three - 1 x 1 squares connected and can be separated

Comment

Originally posted by Lynchdpm View Post
                I just bought a 1 x 3 direct from fiberbuilt a few weeks ago for 250.00
                yes all the strips are just three - 1 x 1 squares connected and can be separated
                Do you see any issue with hitting off just one of the sections?

Comment

• Lynchdpm
                  Lynchdpm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not at all, especially with skytrak in which the red laser is in such a defined area. I see no difference between anchoring / inserting a 1x 1 strip vs a 1x 3 strip.

3on3putt I used to think the way you do and ultimately a year later I have spent more money (in the long run) upgrading my computer and mat from inferior products. You are building a simulator for hitting golf balls. Ultimately the 2 most important pieces are the graphics and definetly the mat. After all everything in the sim revolves around HITTING golf balls (accurate spin numbers, flight, feel, enjoyment, avoiding injury, etc) I feel 250 is quite reasonable in relation to (computer, projector, screen, software, launch monitor, etc).pyou can easily build a custom stance mat around the fiberbuilt insert on the cheap with 3/4 plywood and 2 layers of norsk interlocking rubber floor tiles (Walmart online)

Comment

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did exactly the same thing. Plywood, rubber floor tiles. Works great. I have the 4x1 fiberbilt set next to it and I can slide it forwards and back to keep from bashing one spot time after time.

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did exactly the same thing. Plywood, rubber floor tiles. Works great. I have the 4x1 Fiberbilt set next to it and I can slide it forwards and back to keep from bashing one spot time after time.

3on3putt, I responded to your PM with the info I had from my purchase.

I had to call, but was able to order the 1x1 panels. This was in April of this year.

I would say 1 is not big enough and 3 is probably overkill. I bought two of them and have been totally happy with the setup. With a sliding camera mount, I'm able to move my SkyTrak back and forth which allows using the built in tees and hitting directly off the turf.

I can't speak to whether they still sell a 1x1. I had paid $60 per panel so their current price of $250 for 3 is quite a markup from that so it's clear why they may have discontinued it.
                Doesn't hurt to call and ask though. It may be one of those things where it depends on who you talk to.

Here's the product info from my invoice.

Item Number: 385TTH/40
                Description: MOSS GREEN GRASS PANEL 40mm - TOP TEE HOLD
                Unit Price: $59.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg
Views:	3702
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	219386
                Attached Files
                Last edited by gkkling; 09-16-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• gkkling
                  gkkling commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also couldn't agree more with Lynchdpm. I was developing all kinds of elbow issues which was impacting my ability to enjoy my setup. While expensive, the Fiberbuilt panels have been worth every penny as I've had no issues since switching.

I find that I'm saying this a lot, but I'll start by once again saying thanks for all the help. I'm new to the sim world and continue to be amazed at how helpful people are on this site.

Lynchdpm --- I completely agree about the importance of a good quality mat, which is why I want to be hitting off a Fiberbuilt. I'm just hoping to save some dough by only buying a small strip and not a full 3 feet. If I could score a couple of those 1 foot strips and put them together I'd be in business and saving $130 versus buying the full 3 feet of strip. If they truly don't sell the 1 footers anymore I might just be out of luck and have to bite the bullet. I guess the 3 feet just seems like more than is necessary (never seen a 3 foot divot before).

gkkling --- Thanks for the item number and other product info. That's very helpful. Your mat is exactly what I was thinking. 2 of those strips inside a plywood frame or other less expensive mat to stand on. I'm just going to call tomorrow and see what's up.

Thanks again all.

Comment

• gkkling
                  gkkling commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One thing to consider...

Assuming they are still 1x1 sections (sold as a pack of three), I'd probably only install 2 of them and keep the 3rd as a replacement for later. The front section which holds the tee doesn't get worn out as quickly. The back section where you are hitting off the turf definitely does so that would be a good candidate to extend the life by swapping out when needed. You could also rotate the "used" panel up to the front tee section as it really doesn't come into play giving you three different rotations. That should last you 12-24 months based on what I've seen my panels hold up with a steady amount of use.

If you look at it this way, you are paying $83 instead of the $60 per panel which is a little higher, but you'll have a backup panel available for when the time comes. An extra $52 to save your elbows is worth every penny!

Only thing I would confirm when you call (if they don't sell you the individuals) is if the panels can be separated when purchasing a 3 panel strip. If so, would be good to go.

Good luck!

Gkkling.. great looking setup.. if I may ask. What (all) materials do u have surrounding the 1inch 7/8ths fiberbuilt strip. Yours looks perfectly level.
                and where did u buy and cost of the top layer "faux grass"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	garagesim.JPG
Views:	3412
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	219432

Here's a full shot. I started out with an Optishot embedded in the raised floor, but switched to the Fiberbuilt when I moved to a SkyTrak.
                I had originally set the floor up as Plywood --> Foam Board --> Rubber Mat --> Grass, but the Foam Board caved in a little and wasn't as flat as I wanted.
                I then switch it to Foam Board --> Plywood --> Rubber mat --> at that worked out much better so I'd start out with that.

I didn't mention it above, but I just framed the flooring with a 2" board that I threw a little black stain on. Nothing fancy, but it did the job.

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks for taking the time and sharing the detailed info and links. A lot of guys will benefit from your post. Fiberbuilt insert fantastic but getting the surrounding stance mat level with quality products is a bit of a challenge. Thanks again. much appreciated

Comment

I called Dave at fiberbuilt early last week and ordered 2- 1' squares and they came cupped a bit. Dave tried to warranty them but they said no more 1x1s only 1x3s or bigger with the plates. Looks like you just missed out. I decide to keep the 2 rather than getting a refund and buying a 3 pack. Even cupped these things are great to hit off of.

Comment

Working...
                    X