Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

which Mat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Mat?

I have been struggling on which Mat to use as I need both a stance mat and hitting mat or some combo. The options out there all have pros and cons.

1, Fibrebuilt- easy on joints but ball sits up all the time and makes it to easy
    2. CCE- punishes bad shots but can lead to injuries over time due the the grabbiness
    3. Quatro- this mat seems really good but coming in at slightly under 5x5 would be nice to have something a little bigger as center hitting is tough on something this small
    4. fibrebuilt performance mat- Size looks good but I know nothing about this mat. Looks similar to CCE with the rubber base

I have read many posts here on Mats and watched many you tube reviews. All of this makes it harder to choose.
    I am using a sim to get better and although the Fibrebuilt seems great I don't want the mat to give me a false sense of security

any comments good or bad are envouraged

Hey soupy did you ever end up making a purchase? I'm currently between the Fiberbuilt and Fiberbuilt Performance. I'm really having a tough time making a decision here. I originally had the CCE and returned it after trying it out for a weekend and my lead elbow and shoulder were pretty much destroyed. I feel like the right move is to go with the first link and just spend the extra money to make sure I don't end up hurt again. Would love to hear from anyone that's purchased the performance mat though!

Comment

• Jnc10
      Jnc10 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you did not like the cce you will not like the performance. They are similar in grabiness. Can’t go wrong with FB but takes a little bit to get used to it.

• Straightdown
      Straightdown commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply!!

I went from CCE to Quattro and am pretty happy. I feel like there is a 25% reduction in fat shot painful feedback to the body, but same impact on ball (fat shots don't go as far). Both mats are very durable. I've hit a few hundred shots off quattro and no sign of wear. One disadvantage with quattro is it won't take a real tee.

Comment

I talked with John over at https://www.customdesigngolf.com and I decided to give the divot action a shot. Really nice guy that knows his stuff. I ended up ordering a DivotAction mat from him. I got the 4x5 with the 12x24 insert. Hard to beat the price ($429) and he stands by his products. I should have it next week and can comment back with a review. Any DivotAction users out there?

Comment

• Straightdown
        Straightdown commented
        Editing a comment
        After a few weeks with the DivotAction I can confirm, this thing is awesome. I definitely recommend it.

You’re gonna love the Divot Action. In two months, no golfers elbow flare ups and it feels much more like real turf than fiberbuilt and true strike. Both of those are punishing.

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking at trying the Divot Action. How thick are their mats or the inserts?

I have had a CCE now for about a year. At first it certainly did provide feedback in the way of elbow and wrist pain which aligns with most of the feedback on this forum. However I am now at 6000 balls off the mat (engineer, track everything) and the pain is gone. My swing just got better and better. My average session is about 75 balls and there is no tiredness or pain.

I wanted a mat that would help shallow out my swing but still allow that descending blow. CCE did that. My on course divots are perfect these days and my swing action is so much better due to the CCE feedback.

Absolutely to each their their own but for me I needed something to force a better swing and it has proven successful. The transition period was worrisome from an injury perspective but that only lasted about 2 months and I took it real slow during that time as a precaution.

Hope that helps.

Comment

My local Edwin Watts carries a mat called Evergolf. This is also the same hitting mat in all the swing bays. Did some google searches and do not get much info.

Also, that Divot Action looks interesting. Also any insight on "SwingTurf" from RainorShine?
        Last edited by daramos13; 04-07-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I have owned 6 different mats. The best IMHO is ez tee hybrid. That is also what TXG uses

Comment

• Deuce
            Deuce commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Is the EZ Tee that much better on the wrists/elbows? I went to Fiberbuilt from CCE based on pain, but CCE and EZ Tee look very similar, which makes me nervous about shock from impact. Would also love to know if someone has tried both Divot Action and EZ Tee and which one they preferred and why.

• Jnc10
            Jnc10 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not as grabby as cce. To me they are not even close.
            The FB is better for pain however just not as good a true to life surface

• Adrenaline
            Adrenaline commented
            Editing a comment
            JNC10 what did you think of the Quattro?

Fiberbuilt is terrible. Get a Divot Action and avoid injury and have something that is more lifelike

Comment

DivotAction is great, my mat prior to this caused big wrist pain. Much better with the DA

nice slow mo in video below of the DA in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jYgPLaEK0o&t=1s

Comment

Working...
            X