• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring / Carpet

Click image for larger version

Name:	Simulator Room.jpg
Views:	2296
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	281366 Hey Guys...I am looking for some opinions/advice for the best way (and cheapest) to protect my wood floor while providing the best footing and the least amount of bounce for my new simulator room. I was looking at some cheap carpet padding from Home Depot ($68) and some cheap outdoor carpet ($.50 a square foot/$102 total). But a friend said he would be worried that the carpet padding will scratch up the wood floor and he is also worried that the padding will bunch up after so many swings.

I purchased a "MicroBay Golf Bay 8'Hx10'wx2"D along with a 4'x9' Tallturf Premium Golf Hitting Mat.

I would look into those puzzle piece foam squares.

Comment

I second the above comment, interlocking foam carpet squares or interlocking foam squares topped with outdoor carpet. That’s what I have for my setup and love it

Comment

• steve51523
        steve51523 commented
        Editing a comment
        jerry3 how did you connect the foam to the outdoor carpet? I am looking to go the same thing with a hitting strip and foam and carpet as the stance mat. I am just worried it would move with the swing.

• Renreb
        Renreb commented
        Editing a comment
        jerry3 I was wondering the same as steve51523.

Two ways I’ve attached, double side carpet tape and or staple gun. Doesn’t move at all on my setup

Comment

I have artificial golf turf sitting on top of Home Depot's contractor grade carpet pad (yes, the cheap multicolor stuff - about half inch thick). Between those two, i have an IKEA no-slip rug pad. On the bottom of the carpet pad, i have sections of Home Depot's no-slip rug foam placed in various spots but not full coverage. So the middle no slip layer minimizes movement of the turf relative to the carpet pad and the lower no-slip layer minimizes movement of the carpet pad relative to my flooring which is vinyl planks. I haven't had any issue with scuffing of my floor, but I don't have wood.

Comment

jerry3 and it is holding up nice and you would recommend?
          Last edited by steve51523; 07-30-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Mine has held up really well, I have pretty thick and durable interlocking mats underneath and they have no indents or anything. My marine carpet shows some color wear but still putts great and no indents or anything.

here is the carpet I use...

and the mats I use...

Comment

• ScottHorman
              ScottHorman commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the carpet fairly easy to clean? I'm looking for a light carpeting solution to use in an intermittent (take up and down as needed) installation in a bay of my garage, and my kids often track in pine needles and other small stuff from outside. I'm hoping I can clean it (vacuum) without a extensive work.

ScottHorman i vacuum mine with no problems. I think it could be a good solution for you

Comment

Has anyone used ridgid insulation, pink or blue depending on HD vs Lowes? 4x8x 1" is $20 bucks for 32 sf or $0.67sf. Price-wise I would think this would be attractive, if it works.

Building 8x8x4 cage with fold in sides so the 4' side folds flat against the screen. Hope to post a whole build process but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post
                Has anyone used ridgid insulation, pink or blue depending on HD vs Lowes? 4x8x 1" is $20 bucks for 32 sf or $0.67sf. Price-wise I would think this would be attractive, if it works.

Building 8x8x4 cage with fold in sides so the 4' side folds flat against the screen. Hope to post a whole build process but who knows.
                As sub floor I assume you are asking about? Seems cheap enough.
                Last edited by Stetson; 10-30-2020, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X