New build help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build help

After reading a lot of information in these forums, I am still at a bit of a loss on how to build a budget turf setup. My space is about 13 feet wide. I would like to be able to have left and right handed players hit. Not sure if i should have a center tee off or 2 separate tee (left and right). I was thinking of ordering hitting strips and cutting them into stance turn for that clean look, but am completely unsure of what are the good options out there. Any help or insight as to products etc would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

What launch monitor will you use? Overhead, behind (radar) or to the side (photo). That will dictate your options.

my intent when I do mine is a center strip with overhead unit.

Comment

I plan to use a mevo +.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmoe View Post
        I plan to use a mevo +.
        You'll want to ensure that whatever turf you decide on, there is consistent height from the unit, to the hitting area, through the putting area.

I used a stance mat that I had for a couple of years. It's the Net Return Pro Golf Mat from Rain or Shine. I wouldn't have purchased it again, as it is wrecking my wrist and elbow. As simply a stance mat, it works quite well. I'm looking to get an insert, as I think that'll solve it.

For putting turf, I got a remnant 9' x 15' from Artificial Turf Supply. I'd say that the putting turf was a bit of a surprise in terms of how expensive options were. Standard is about $2 per square foot. It does certainly help having something that'll deaden the ball when it falls from the screen, as well as have something that rolls putts well.

Turf Factory Direct is quite popular. Their minimum to order was just a lot more than I needed. Note that putting turf is very heavy, and you'll want help moving it and installing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiggidy112 View Post

You'll want to ensure that whatever turf you decide on, there is consistent height from the unit, to the hitting area, through the putting area.
          so you are saying that i need to basically have a strip of turf from 8ft behind the hitting area to where the mevo will be sitting? I saw a few posts about no drop in elevation between the unit and hitting area, but was wondering what people were doing in their home setups for this. I will have the hitting area (approximately 12x12) and then the mevo will sit 8ft behind that.....i dont plan to build the hitting area up anymore than the thickness of material, but just curious what others are doing.

Thanks

Comment

• Shiggidy112
            Shiggidy112 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am using interlocking foam mats that are the same height as the hitting mat, and I've purchased some more interlocking mats to bring up the height of my putting turf. See picture attached.

Originally posted by Dmoe View Post

so you are saying that i need to basically have a strip of turf from 8ft behind the hitting area to where the mevo will be sitting? I saw a few posts about no drop in elevation between the unit and hitting area, but was wondering what people were doing in their home setups for this. I will have the hitting area (approximately 12x12) and then the mevo will sit 8ft behind that.....i dont plan to build the hitting area up anymore than the thickness of material, but just curious what others are doing.

Thanks
          That's correct. You don't want any gap between the Mevo+ and your hitting area. You'll also want a consistent roll for putting (if putting matters to you). So, consistent roll from hitting space to screen area.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X