Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Blue): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

DivotAction Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivotAction Questions

Hey everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a DivotAction insert. I see that there are some DIY threads going around, but I'm not overly handy, and the price point for an insert is reasonable enough.

I had a few questions, if anyone has feedback, it's much appreciated.

* How thick is the insert? I'm concerned I'd have to buy further matting under the stance and putting mats to make everything level. I'm open to that, but that expense is decent, as I already have foam interlocking mats throughout the setup.

* For teeing off, do you just use the birdtees or can you plug a tee into them?

* Do people putt directly off of the DivotAction, or do they use a putting mat just off to the side?

I have a Mevo+ and just want to ensure that it'll work seamlessly.

TIA

The fairway insert is 1.25” thick. Depending on your stance mat setup, you may need some kind of a boost to make them level with each other. I used a 3/8” plywood cut to the strip size to get the DAction level with my Fiberbuilt stance...all within the “Studio Tray”.

Yes, Birdtees. Yes, putt directly off of DAction

Comment

Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
      The fairway insert is 1.25” thick. Depending on your stance mat setup, you may need some kind of a boost to make them level with each other. I used a 3/8” plywood cut to the strip size to get the DAction level with my Fiberbuilt stance...all within the “Studio Tray”.

Yes, Birdtees. Yes, putt directly off of DAction
      That's great. Thanks for the feedback. My stance mat sits 1" high with the foam mats, so I'd be 1/4" below the ball. I like the idea of getting some thin plywood and adding that underneath. That's probably the most economical fix. Is there any sliding issues with the turf shifting around?

Comment

I have a Fiberbuilt 4x5 tray, the 4x4 stance and the strip. The DAction goes in the slot, and I have “fillers” to hold it in place. Bought these from DAction, in custom size to situate the DAction where I wanted it. Pic shows stance/tray, Wittek Quattro strip, and DAction strip/fillers.

The plywood works great, is easy to take out/revert back if you ever make a change. But, it does add some noise to the DAction.
        Attached Files

Comment

Curious... has anyone used something like this to make it a level area? It's cork, 1/4" thick. I'd think that it'd work a little better than plywood, and might even make for a more cushy feel on the feet...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/QEP-200-...-100645274-_-N

Comment

The clips/springs/legs on the underside of the DAction May chew that cork up. Might be worth a try, but the plywood is all scraped up from those clips/springs

Comment

Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
              The clips/springs/legs on the underside of the DAction May chew that cork up. Might be worth a try, but the plywood is all scraped up from those clips/springs
              Thanks. My purpose for the cork would be to make the hitting mat and DAction all level. My mat is at 1", and it sounds like the DAction is at 1.25". So, I'd cut out a section in the cork to place the DA into. This would mean that the DAction would be resting directly on the concrete floor of my garage, surrounded by the layers of cork, 1/2" interlocking foam mats, and my 1/2" mat.

Do you foresee any issues?

Thanks for helping me think through this.

Comment

• 968Cab
                968Cab commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, I see...building up the stance, not the strip. I think that would work just fine then. Only thing I’d consider is layers of anything are generally worse than “one solid piece“ solution. Meaning wear and tear, sliding/movement, etc.

When you depart from the most basic of set-ups, a lot of this stuff is trial and error. I probably rebuilt my net/pad/screen 4 times. 😂

That makes sense. I am just hesitant to go back and buy all new mats underneath. It is a bit trial and error with all of this. The tinkering is part of the fun though...

Comment

Working...
              X