Cutting a Fiberbuilt strip into concrete floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting a Fiberbuilt strip into concrete floor

I have a 1’ x 3’ Fiberbuilt hitting strip, I am thinking about cutting into the concrete basement floor so it sits flush. Has anyone done this? Not sure how it would affect the structure. I’m thinking I would have to cut 3” deep.

I have. Not sure how much expereience you have, but i just scored the concrete maybe 1/4" of an inch. Broke up the slab with a sledge and chisel.

My advice is to go larger than the area you need then repack/form to the exact size you need with wood forms, rather than trying to cut everything perfect. It's only a bag or two of concrete to do, so it can be DIY. The hardest part is busting on out the concrete, a 10lb sledge helps. Once you get a portion of it everything breaks up much easier.

Comment

I did the same thing this spring. I have a Fiberbuilt 1x4 mat and cut it the floor only 2 inches and chipped it out that way I still have 2 inches on the base as my floor is 4 inches thick. Then I put in some leveler and place the mat into the cutout. With Fiberbuillt about 1.75 inches it worked out to be level with the carpet I put in.

I do have a standing mat but with the carpet and most people wearing tennis shoes no need to use the mat anymore. But I love it and should have done it sooner.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GolfinToad; 11-30-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Adrenaline
        Adrenaline commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. What projector are you using there?

• GolferChris
        GolferChris commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice set up. I am working on something similar (9 feet high ceilings and offset hitting position). Im curious about where ou have the projector. Itt looks slightly offset but not directly over the ball. Is it far behind the ball position?. Is it an issue in your backswing?.

That looks great! Thanks for posting the pics! How tall is your ceiling?

Comment

• GolfinToad
        GolfinToad commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 9 foot ceilings. I did a lot to make it more functional compared to what it looked like before I remodeled it.

This was a before pic to show how much it has been improved/updated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X