14’X15’ Sim Room Turf/Mat setup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14’X15’ Sim Room Turf/Mat setup questions

I’m building a Sim in a 14X15 Room in the basement of the home I’m currently building. This forum has been a huge help. I’m really struggling on hitting mats and putting green however. Here are my goals...what do you all recommend? I’m hoping someone has done a similar size room and can share some links or pricing to some things that have worked for them.

1. I’d like the entire floor to be covered in some kind of green turf

2. I have a Uneekor so I’d like enough room to be able to hit irons off something like fiberbuilt but with room to hit from maybe 1 foot left or right if I want to hit driver and feel comfortable with space (I’m lefty).

3. I’d like to be level between hitting, stance, and putting.

4. I’d like a couple of actual cups to put at for practice so will build up with rubber interlocking gym mats or something.

5. For putting, I’ll be only 6-7 feet from screen, so is putting even something I would need to worry about during sim play? And should I care about slope or not?

Thanks in advance

What did you decide to do? I am in a similar situation, my room is 17x14. Was thinking hitting strip surrounded by turf.

Comment

i am in a similar situation. new construction. putting a golf sim in the basement. current dimensions are about 15.5 ft x 19 ft. I had concrete slab pour leave a cavity in the floor where i can recess a fiberbuilt or gungho 1x3 strike mat. that will allow me to lay turf in the rest of the room and have the strike mat flush with the turf.

TBD on what turf i select but hoping to find something very durable. came here to look for recommendations and saw your post.
      i'm not sure if i'll do all one turf around the strike mat or if i'll try to incorporate a fringe / rough around the outside to add a little more visual interest.

Comment

Working...
      X