Projector Help and Recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Help and Recomendation

My build is coming together now BUT ...... Now what to do regards Projector mounting.

The more I read ... the more confused I get

I have options.

Based on a 240cm high screen and 300cm wide

Either 400cm away back up above the swing area and 270cm high mounted (cast no shadows)
    or
    move closer to about 250cm away from screen and 260cm high (estimate) up top in front of the hitting area.

Best format and ratio etc. 4:3 best for this?
    I want a decent HD or resolution etc

seems not a lot of options for 400cm away compaired to the Short Throws ??

I have not managed to really calaculate whats available
    Any help please ?
    Any one got a similar sized screen and what could be available ?

check out https://www.projectorscreen.com/proj...en-calculators
    Left you a bit more detail on your other thread

Comment

Job stopped on this build for the past few days

Projector nightmares giving me sleepless nights .....

Me can not just work out what is best.
      Not many options on 400cm away from screen using 4:3 ratio and decent HD (probably I am working it out wrong)

I have spent many days reading on here and using so many links .... off which got me more confused.

So more guess work and now going off similar builds on here.

I think Moving the projector closer and going for a Short Throw .... then the Optoma GT1080 Darbee is hoping to be weapon of choice ...but mainly advertised as a 16:9 unit ...
      but seems like some on here are using it as a 4:3 ?

Would this work for me if i put closer and using a 10ft (304cm) wide by 7.5ft (230cm) high screen and 6.5ft (200cm) away in front of hitting area above and mounted just under 9ft (270cm) high.
      I have done the dangle shoe box test and will not hit it with full driver swing, And also centre of ball hitting and screen.

I am 95% sure this would work ..But a lot of $$$ if it does not.... is it too far away?

Anyone please - Do you see if I will have a problem.
      Anyone have same set up on 4:3 with similar dimensions ??

Comment

Or maybe if I revert back to the 400cm > 430cm back from Screen and use the HD39Darbee - I think it may do 4:3 also and has Zoom and more flexabilty .... mmm

Oh my head hurts and need to lie down ..... Everything has gone smoothly as I wanted until now

Comment

Have you found a solution yet?

Comment

I had to take a gamble in the End .

For my Set up and room it was not easy and could not get 100% confidence for Short Throw or go longer.

Some Projectors do 4:3 but info on them is not as clear.... Conflicting info on the couple of calculation sites for 4:3 and rang up online Projector stes in the UK and spoke to the Experts and got a couple of 'maybe it will work' and 'should work i think' ... from them .

FirGir on here .... his suggestion probably would have worked also

So in the went to my local store and same advice came from their Expert ..... But the Optoma GT1080 Darbee was out of stock and on back order since Oct 2017.
            They could do the longer throw Optoma HD39Darbee and beat anyone by £100gbp and was in stock and do me a deal on the mounting and 4m HDMI lead .

So i went with this to try and make it work in my 420cm > 520cm length from Screen.
            This machine has zoom etc.

I found out that.... to make this one work and get it anywhere filling my screen it has to go back near 600cm. Which then has to extend the length of by room/build and also go over steel and under steel Grders in its mounting But IT WILL NOT DEFEAT ME !!

I think i have sorted it and will try and upload a couple of piccies

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice! Looks like you got it figured out! It’s too bad I was about a month behind you… I have a similar situation and opted for the Optoma GT1080Darbee. My ghetto method of seeing where to mount it was to just place it on the floor… with it plopped In the middle of my stance mat, I took shots LOL. Step two will be the box dangle!

I may build/buy a projector enclosure for protection anyway ...just in case

Comment

Working...
                  X